web
analytics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Totallympics

Road Cycling CAC African Championships 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dcro said:

 

So much for that (ProCyclingStats...). :wacko:

The PCS dude is busier with touring around the world and shitting in the face of everyone who's not praising him as a God than actually placing good info on his site lately :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The PCS dude is busier with touring around the world and shitting in the face of everyone who's not praising him as a God than actually placing good info on his site lately :p 

 

bette davis judging you GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The PCS dude is busier with touring around the world and shitting in the face of everyone who's not praising him as a God than actually placing good info on his site lately :p 

 

Still no full results for men's TTT. Now I see your point. :coffee:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the team :ALG  didn't participate for the time trial because they arrived late to ethiopia 2017-09-27_18-16-11.jpg:mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does this mixed TTT work? Surely it's a matter of the women/men going first and then 'tagging' to the others or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How does this mixed TTT work? Surely it's a matter of the women/men going first and then 'tagging' to the others or something?

 

If I'm not mistaken, it's 3 women going together, and then 3 men replacing them at some point. Ridiculous, I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dcro said:

 

If I'm not mistaken, it's 3 women going together, and then 3 men replacing them at some point. Ridiculous, I know.

Yes, but the only reasonable way of doing it if you're gonna have a mixed TTT anyway. It is ridiculous, but not nearly as ridiculous as 3 women + 3 men riding together, leading to 3 women deciding the result because the 3 men will follow them on 60% as an easy warm-up ride :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, but the only reasonable way of doing it if you're gonna have a mixed TTT anyway. It is ridiculous, but not nearly as ridiculous as 3 women + 3 men riding together, leading to 3 women deciding the result because the 3 men will follow them on 60% as an easy warm-up ride :p 

 

There can still be some element of strategy, the men could act as pacers and block the wind for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

 

There can still be some element of strategy, the men could act as pacers and block the wind for them.

Yes, but still you'd have a competition where half of the team simply can not go full gas at any moment, because the other half would inevitably drop off. That just goes against the entire spirit of sport.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...