website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2019

The Oaths.

Competitor's Oath

Gabriela Melim, Brazil

"In the name of all competitors, I promise that we shall take part in

this Contest, respecting and abiding by the rules that govern TISC

- committing ourselves to a competition that values respect and the

true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of music and the honor of our nations!"

Jury Members' Oath

Griff88, Indonesia

"In the name of all the jury members, I promise that we shall adjudicate

in our deliberations at this Contest with complete impartiality, respecting and

abiding by the rules which govern TISC in the true spirit of sportsmanship!"

Host's Oath

mrv86, Mexico

"I promise that we shall organize this Contest, respecting and abiding by the rules

that govern TISC - committing ourselves to overseeing a competition that values

respect and promotes the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of

music and the honor of our nations!"

The Final.

Every sports themed event reaches the last part; and we could not do it better, than by revealing the Scoreboard for tomorrow's Grand Final:

scoreboardtop.png

GRAND FINAL SCOREBOARD

AFTER 0/38 JURIES

:SLO SLOVENIA 0    :CRO CROATIA 0
   :TUN TUNISIA 0    :BUL BULGARIA 0
   :INA INDONESIA 0    :MEX MEXICO 0
   :CHI CHILE 0    :FIN FINLAND 0
   :ESP SPAIN 0    :GBR GREAT BRITAIN 0
   :NOR NORWAY 0    :LTU LITHUANIA 0
   :SRB SERBIA 0    :ITA ITALY 0
   :CHN P.R. OF CHINA 0    :USA UNITED STATES 0
   :POL POLAND 0    :ALG ALGERIA 0
   :IND INDIA 0    :TUR TURKEY 0
   :ROU ROMANIA 0    :NZL NEW ZEALAND 0
   :RUS RUSSIA 0    :POR PORTUGAL 0
   :SVK SLOVAKIA 0    :VEN VENEZUELA 0
   :NED NETHERLANDS 0    :BRA BRAZIL 0
   :FRA FRANCE 0    :DEN DENMARK 0
   :GER GERMANY 0    :COL COLOMBIA 0
   :ARG ARGENTINA 0    :EGY EGYPT 0
   :GRE GREECE 0    :IRL IRELAND 0
   :MLT MALTA 0    :AUS AUSTRALIA 0

But not everything has to be nostalgic at this point. As every Mexican knows, we can't leave this arena without singing  "Cielito Lindo"

Ladies and Gentlemen, this concludes the Opening Ceremony. We expect tomorrow at 7:00 GMT-5 for the Grand Final!

Thank you and good night!

Edited by mrv86

Great opening Ceremony! Plenty of room in the grandstands at this late hour. Great message, great presentation, and hopefully a great contest.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@mrv86 I tried to incorporate the last two songs in the intro I sent you, but they were all copyrighted to the heavens.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

In rather recent times, immigration to the Northern states from European and U.S. settlers in the late XIXth and XXth centuries influenced music in those regions, with diverse styles such as "corridos" and "polkas", which are still popular today and have given birth to modern "banda", "norteño" and "grupero" music.

:wub:

15 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Last month in our local newspaper I saw a classmate/friend of Anne Frank apparently hid from the Germans in my part of the country, including in my 'gemeente' (surely you know the word and you know it's not exactly synonymous with 'town' or something :p ). 

Among other places, she stayed in the 'Hidden Village' in the woods here, where quite some Jews were hiding.

https://excitinghistory.com/liberation-route/vierhouten-verscholen-dorp

Sadly it was eventually discovered by the Germans when a boy crossed an opening in the woods to get some water and German soldiers followed him. The original huts aren't there anymore, but there are a few they rebuild to give a bit of a sense of how it was. There's not really much of a monument or info or anything except for one sign, but it's relatively deep in the woods and so pretty quiet and an interesting place to visit (and easy to do for me by bike). If you're ever on the Veluwe, let me know :p 

Been in Veluwe to cycle a couple of times but mainly on the Arnhem area, in Hoge veluwe or veluwezoom, really nice places to explore :yes

Just now, kungshamra71 said:

Been in Veluwe to cycle a couple of times but mainly on the Arnhem area, in Hoge veluwe or veluwezoom, really nice places to explore :yes

Cool! My home area is more in the northwest of the Veluwe (Nunspeet, and surrounding places like Ermelo, Putten, Epe, Elspeet, Vierhouten), which is not exactly the Arnhem area, but you're still welcome to come cycle :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!