website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2019

43 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

The thing is, because this is a holiday weekend, many people won't be able to follow the contest as usual? (add my name to the list of people who already said it they wouldn't post their votes)

So in the end I think it's a good decision, mostly because of all the problems @mrv86 had today (which were more than a few). As I learned the hard way last time, the contest is great, but two days without proper sleeping isn't :p

That's something people knew as soon as the date was announced, I mean, we already know the dates for Easter and Christmas and Independence Days and King's Days for the next 10 years :p 

But yeah, internet problems on the other hand is something one just can't do anything about, sadly. Better postpone it a week than have a contest where a bad connection messed everything up :) 

Luckily I'm not much of a party person, so the national festivities and celebrations of 27 April are gonna be skipped by me anyway (even more so since it's in a weekend this year, and so I'll spend all the day watching sports :d ).

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Luckily I'm not much of a party person, so the national festivities and celebrations of 27 April are gonna be skipped by me anyway (even more so since it's in a weekend this year, and so I'll spend all the day watching sports :d ).

Good thing I was sitting down for that. :yikes:

#banbestmen

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

Good thing I was sitting down for that. :yikes:

Oh come on, like anyone who spends as many hours a week on an internet forum as we do is a party person :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Yes @dezbee2008 should be able to post the votes... however, votes will not be ready... still having problems with the templates formats, as it seems everytime I insert a element different from the previous one, it changes the scheme. Tried fixing the images, but it don't look good.

You can try to quote it from the PMs Dan sent you, copy everything (quote box included), then paste into your new PMs, remove the quote box (ctrl+right click, choose remove quote and keep contents), and it should keep the format. It's what I had to do since I had that problem when I hosted last fall.

Sorry about the internet, though. Hope they can get it together for you.

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That's something people knew as soon as the date was announced, I mean, we already know the dates for Easter and Christmas and Independence Days and King's Days for the next 10 years :p 

But yeah, internet problems on the other hand is something one just can't do anything about, sadly. Better postpone it a week than have a contest where a bad connection messed everything up :) 

I live in Amsterdam, can't skip King's Day, it's just not allowed :lol:

Although is nice not to have the contest this weekend. It's good weather here right now and wouldn't like to waste away Summer, the best 4 days of the year :d:lol: