website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2019

On 08/03/2019 at 05:49, Werloc said:

Timeline:

Decide it's time to participate with my own song (since it's less restrictive)

"Run With The Lions" goes to Eurovision :p

My life is a funny conundrum, but I'm not too hard on myself, since those selections are not as squeaky clean as they're trying to portray them.

Well, if any consolation, the worst song of the last 3 years... so bland, as Ramsey would say.

It’s time to celebrate: 38 countries registered for TAISC 2019.

March 10, 2019.- After a process that lasted one month, this year’s Totallympics Annual International Song Contest has 38 entries being nominated by the same number of national juries composed of 47 jury members.

The organizing committee is proud of this achievement, which includes some firsts like Denmark having a multiple jury member for the first time and the debut of the People’s Republic of China in the competition, not forgetting some jurors becoming fully on board with in this edition.

Organizers have acknowledged that not all the credit goes to them, however. The hosts expressed their most sincere gratefulness for all the incredible and enthusiastic support of Totallympics whole community all along the process, which is a true sign of the faith and excitement that this event generates every time it comes to live.

Next on schedule, is the voting process which starts tonight, with the host jury having to select their preferred entries to a couple of neutral sources that will certify the fairness of the whole process before 23:00 hours of next Wednesday. As per usual however, the task will not be easy in great part due to the high quality of each song and artist, as stated by the Mexican jury, mrv86.

Once this step is duly completed, the remaining National juries will have to cast their own votes within the next three weeks, providing another source for both, mystery and excitement as the host will tally each jury’s points to obtain the final rank and thus, reveal this year’s winner.

Ready for more? Choose TAISC mascot’s name.

March 10, 2019.- With the initial registration process finished, organizers have now decided to consult with Totallympics’ members one of the most interesting facts around the Annual International Song Contest: what’s the name of its mascot, the “axolotl”?

After many proposals were made during the past days, the hosts have selected seven final proposals, all but one coming from national jury members from all around the world. So, in order to select and “baptize” our little fellow, the organizers are holding a poll, which will be up in the opening post of the contest’s thread until April 5th, following this very simple 

Rules:

• Users can choose up to three of the proposed names.
  • The ballot will be secret.
  • The name with the most votes at the end of the period will be selected for the mascot.
  • In case of a tie between two or more options, the organizers will have the decisive vote. However, if the name proposed by the organizers (Xochi) is among those tied, it will not be selected.

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The organizers spelled “Sochi” wrong for that last name :p

It's spelled right.

"Xochi" is derived from "Xochimilco" one of Mexico City's territorial administrations, home to the lake and the canals where out friend lives.

I tried to use my Mexican culture knowledge to come up with a name, but the one up there is the best I got. 

I couldnt think of the name of any traditional garments or dances off the top of my head.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Axel the Axolotl all the way

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, mrv86 said:

First Post updated, to include 2019 TAISC Contest Playlist.

I  kindly request to indicate if any of the videos is not available in your country, so we caan fix the mistake as soon as possible.

I came here to ask who was gonna make the playlist, cool to see it's already done :cheer: 

Little question: is it possible to add the names of the countries in the playlist? I believe that has once been done, but personally I have no clue about this stuff or the options :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!