website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2019

On 27/02/2019 at 18:21, Olympian1010 said:

I was trying to phrase this how I wanted it to sound, but I couldn’t figure out a good way to ask it, so I’m just gonna throw it out there:

Would I technically be allowed to represent an “American” NOC (I.e Guam, USVI, Marshall Islands) since I technically have citizenship to them? 

I was wondering because I found a song I like from one of them, but I wasn’t sure how to go about the nomination process. I know we have a storage of entries this year, so I felt inclined to inquire about this. I would like to know what the TISC organizers and officials think. If I were allowed to switch, I would do so permanently if needed.

Sorry to cause you another upset my friend... but I guess the original intention was to have participants living or being from a specific country/territory to showcase its country's music.

I'm not against you personally changing nationality, but then if so, you'll have to stick with that particular country in the future, unless there was a reason that justifies a further change. So think wisely and let us know.

6 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Sorry to cause you another upset my friend... but I guess the original intention was to have participants living or being from a specific country/territory to showcase its country's music.

I'm not against you personally changing nationality, but then if so, you'll have to stick with that particular country in the future, unless there was a reason that justifies a further change. So think wisely and let us know.

Well, that’s another reason I brought this up. I wanted the rules clarified. Thank you for the response. It seems as though other users are okay with me switching to the USVI. I’m willing to do so permanently, for the means of increasing participation in the TISC, but I’m not sure if should do it or not yet. I have a song, but I don’t know if I want to give up my spot on the American jury. I’ll update you this weekend on my decision.

EDIT: I’m going to stay on the American jury and share the song during the festival of music. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Argenis Gonzalez said:

Me inscribo, país Venezuela  con el siguiente tema  https://youtu.be/0yruvXjYoUo

Micro tdh feat piso 21 - te vi

Thank you for your interest @Argenis Gonzalez, and you're greatly welcomed.

Sorry to ruin this, but I'm guess this song can't represent Venezuela as Piso 21 is a Colombian band.

According to rule 2(b)

2. (b) In the case of bands, at least 50% of the band must be born in or be of the same nationality as the nation for which they are participating OR they should have more or equal association with that nation.

So, in order to be fair as we have already made @bestmen & @Function CR Lee subject to the rules, you'll need to pick another song by a Venezuelan singer or band.

11 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

I like though that we use the Festival of Music as a way of getting to represent other nations around the world and I think it's better to have users representing their own nations and national juries in the contest. Why don't we just have a poll like we did last year asking users to vote for their favourite songs from the Festival of Music?

Oh it's coming along, but first I'll set up one to choose the mascot's name. Already have two options submitted by @heywoodu and @Griff88

Official Statement: 2019 TAISC entry date extended

March 1, 2019.- The organizing committee of the 2019 Totallympics Annual International Song Contest has officially confirmed an extension in the national entries due date, which now will close on Sunday March 10th, exactly one month after the process started.

"We're happy with the increased interest received in the last days, with many countries adding their selections to the list and some debuts and expected returns as well. However, we understand it has been hard for some juries to pick a song or reach a consensus among its members, so we will give one extra week for them to select the most deserving song."

Other dates and times have been modified in the contest schedule have been modified accordingly, but the main event is still going to be hold on the weekend covering April 19th until April 21st.

On 28/02/2019 at 00:50, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve noticed that a lot of countries are having trouble picking music, and I’ve come to the conclusion that last year was not a good year in music. Which may explain what people aren’t as hyped up for the TISC. 

We had a good bunch of fine songs in the Danish selection :cool: