website statistics

Figure Skating ISU Four Continents Championships 2019

Totallympics

I thought about attending, with my family (for a nice day out), but then decided that we all hate figure skating.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Good to see Sui/Han winning again. I love how artistic this pair is and their superior lifts. They need to work more on their jumps though and they are still a bit rusty from their long break from competitions. They are underscored but it's expected since the competition is in america. The way zhou got the first place in the short program with all his urs and the female american skater above the japanese. :facepalm: Meanwhile the canadian pair has only themselves to blame for their messy fs program. 

Good participation by Mexican skaters, generally speaking.

Regular performance of Montesinos Cantu in the women's event. I like she is going for a more difficult program, but she still needs to improve her jumps and to manage her energy as she tends to lose some speed and power in the last section of her routines. Not her best performance of the season, but I still expect her to advance to the free program at this year's Junior Worlds.

Donovan was amazing in his debut competition as a senior, after a 6 month or so absence, recording a PB in the short program and qualifying to World Championships. He has great charisma and connects well with the crowd, and it seems he worked very hard in his jumps, adding more difficult elements. The only thing I'm not a fan is his choice of music and the fact that his program isn't quite connected. But without a doubt, he's Mexico's best winter sportsman of all time and one completely formed in the country. I'll be rooting for him later tonight