web
analytics
Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Recommended Posts

I used to live in Brunei :BRU many years ago.  There was a guy who was a national hero because he had once won bronze in the shot putt at the SE Asian games.  

  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/09/2019 at 05:28, Olympian1010 said:

So only 11 out of 56 sports will be broadcast live :facepalm:. I mean I didn’t expect all 56, but I definitely expected more than 11. Plus, the 11 include sports like Football, Volleyball, etc. which are sports that may be popular, but level will be extremely low. This is the Philippines broadcast plan, so hopeful us international fans get a few more sports.

 

Yeah, what does Chess have to do to get some TV love?  Cheerleaders, please, :cheer:!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

 

Yeah, what does Chess have to do to get some TV love?  Cheerleaders, please, :cheer:!

Chess will most likely be “shown” online. I know that there’s often websites that show games in real-time for the major meets. I’ll see what I can dig up when the games get closer.


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be 3 YouTube livestreams dedicated towards streaming the games daily (You’ll need a Philippines vpn to access all three). There will be one channel available for international viewers, with coverage limited to about 10 sports. ESPN5 and Rappler have confirmed this.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

There will be 3 YouTube livestreams dedicated towards streaming the games daily (You’ll need a Philippines vpn to access all three). There will be one channel available for international viewers, with coverage limited to about 10 sports. ESPN5 and Rappler have confirmed this.

And what sports only those mentioned before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

And what sports only those mentioned before 

Aquatics (Swimming and Diving), Athletics, Badminton, Basketball (3x3 and 5x5), Boxing, Football, Artistic Gymnastics, Sepaktakraw, Taekwondo, Volleyball, and E-Sports.

 

It’s also been confirmed that Billiards, Karate, and Wushu will be some of the other sports livestreamed. More sports will be added to that list apparently.

  • Like 1

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The organizing committee is coming under fire from Filipinos for the cost of the cauldron for the games. The cauldron supposedly cost $985,000 USD :yikes:. That might honestly be one of the worst wastes of money I’ve ever seen. Unless that thing deals out drugs needed for healthcare, rape kits for prostitutes, and first kits for the inevitable typhoon; the project is an embarrassing and downright disgusting use of government funds.


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The organizing committee is coming under fire from Filipinos for the cost of the cauldron for the games. The cauldron supposedly cost $985,000 USD :yikes:. That might honestly be one of the worst wastes of money I’ve ever seen. Unless that thing deals out drugs needed for healthcare, rape kits for prostitutes, and first kits for the inevitable typhoon; the project is an embarrassing and downright disgusting use of government funds.

While it is indeed expensive, actually not much Filipinos are unhappy about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

While it is indeed expensive, actually not much Filipinos are unhappy about it.

Oh, when I looked up the games yesterday when looking for some news and interviews every single story was the organizing committee defending the cost of the cauldron, the stadiums, and athletes complaining about a lack of funds (the media made the games look like quite the farce to be honest). 


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...