website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Sepak Takraw is the most confusing sport I've tried to follow. The governing body for the sport is a joke, then there's the King's Cup which is nearly impossible to find results for... It's a pity because the sport per se is exciting, and a lot better than badminton, in my opinion. I would gladly watch it at the Olympics instead of karate, taekwondo or badminton (three sports I really dislike).

It’s not universal enough to be Olympic, but it should totally be in the World Games. The federation is complete shit, totally useless as you said. I’d love to watch Kings Cup to, but it’s not shown outside the SEA region. Taekwondo, Badminton, and Karate are much more deserving of Olympic slots though. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

40 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes, I agree. I dislike these sports but I know the governing bodies have done a great job promoting them. 

Plus they have a much further reach than Sepaktakraw, and more average spectators. Not mention that those are actually some of the most popular sports on the program (at least internationally). Personally, I’d love to see Kabaddi in the Olympics, but only after international growth and a better governing body.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

After long delays, technical problems in the first match of the eSports tournament. :PHI may be out of their league here...

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Wait, what? This is probably the "main" sport at the SEA Games (i.e. the best of the best in the world can compete), and the organizers still impose restrictions on which nations can enter teams in which events? Disgusting.

Well, that's SEA Games for you.. The last 'cleaner' SEA Games is in Singapore imo.

When ESPN5, that nice YouTube channel, and SEA Games 2019 broadcast all of the Sepaktakraw Team Doubles tournament, except the gold medal match ?

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Well, that's SEA Games for you.. The last 'cleaner' SEA Games is in Singapore imo.

Love the 2015 edition. I always found it funny that Singapore is by the far the wealthiest nation, but also one of the worst nations when measured by budget/strength/ability/etc. My big problem with the 2015 edition is that only only broadcasted like 10-15 sports. KL2017 was because they broadcasted 25-35 sports all together. 2015 also had actual PDF results, so that was nice too. I would say KL 2017 was a good edition too. I know there was a lot of drama (as usual), but all in all, it seemed like people really enjoyed that edition.

4 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Here's how the Sepaktakraw events were set :

Men's Event 

Hoop

Team Doubles 

Team Regu

Regu

Women's event 

Hoop

Regu

Rules : Phillipines can enter all events. All other nations can participate in 2 events each in men and women. :facepalm:

Similiar to AG 2018, but I rather prefer Quadrant event than Hoop.  Hoop is not bad but it is not true Sepaktakraw. The action you get to see in hoop is 0.001% as compared to ' real Takraw ' events.  What do you say @Griff88 @Olympian1010

Well actually, I don't see why we need to have Regu-Doubles-Quadrant.

I prefer the Regu, Chinlone, Hoop. There. Showcase all stuff you can do with a rattan ball :lol:

Just now, Griff88 said:

Well actually, I don't see why we need to have Regu-Doubles-Quadrant.

I prefer the Regu, Chinlone, Hoop. There. Showcase all stuff you can do with a rattan ball :lol:

Well Double, Regu, Quad are played differently, but I agree (and totally forgot about) Chinlone. Chinlone should definitely be in the SEA Games. Asian Games should just be Regu really, but I’m fine with Doubles and Quad too.