website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s a few more days before anything else gets underway. We can find some phone shoot live-streams of waterpolo on Facebook (Philippines Waterpolo), besides that we pretty much have to wait until the 29-30th

There is also this recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaRv21mr5cw

Singapore's men's water polo team lost to Indonesia 7-5 earlier today. Their winning streak of 27 consecutive titles in the sport dating back to 1965 looks set to end tomorrow the 29th.

SEA Games: Champions since 1965, Singapore's water polo team in danger of losing gold, Sport News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

1 hour ago, PHI2019 said:

Singapore's men's water polo team lost to Indonesia 7-5 earlier today. Their winning streak of 27 consecutive titles in the sport dating back to 1965 looks set to end tomorrow the 29th.

SEA Games: Champions since 1965, Singapore's water polo team in danger of losing gold, Sport News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

Never know by losing just 1 key player made Singapore so vulnerable like this...

On 27/11/2019 at 12:35, PHI2019 said:

Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand pushed for cricket's inclusion but got turned down. Maybe the Philippine Olympic Committee just didn't think it worthwhile to include the sport

That's sad because I'm sure Philippines would win bronze in men's after Singapore and Malaysia as Thailand wasn't strong in Men's. 

Now until 2025 Chonburi we'll have to wait because Vietnam doesn't even have a proper association .Cambodia played it's first international  match  this month against Malaysia.

Mean while the Phillipines Cricket Association has done a good job by organising a international cricket tournament for women a tri series between Indonesia and Bahrain at Dasmarinas at the same time as when the games are taking place. 

I wasn't sure about this yesterday but this news article confirms that Singapore's loss to Indonesia in men's water polo yesterday was their first ever defeat in the event at the Southeast Asian Games.

Water polo: Singapore men's team suffers first loss in SEA Games history in Indonesia defeat - CNA

These games are a disaster waiting to happen. I keep seeing very worrying images from journalist, and have heard multiple complaints about an assortment of topics from the athletes. From what I’ve heard, volunteers aren’t being fed during long shifts (as they should be), and some are finding transportation impossible. :PHI wants to launch a bid for the 2030 Asian Games. That will be a hard no from me. I’d rather Qatar. 

Nothing against Philippines hosting the games by the way. I put all the blame on a terrible and most likely corrupt organizing committee.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Skating starts in a few hours, and there are rumors that the rink is nowhere near finished yet. Hopefully that’s not true.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Nothing against Philippines hosting the games by the way. I put all the blame on a terrible and most likely corrupt organizing committee.

Agree. For me, the problem lies with the organizing committee being headed by a politician looking to use it as a springboard to further his political ambitions. What makes things worse is the committee's failure to seek advice from the people who worked on the Games the last time they were held in the country in 2005. They also refused to seek assistance from other government departments or the public sector.

2 hours ago, PHI2019 said:

Agree. For me, the problem lies with the organizing committee being headed by a politician looking to use it as a springboard to further his political ambitions. What makes things worse is the committee's failure to seek advice from the people who worked on the Games the last time they were held in the country in 2005. They also refused to seek assistance from other government departments or the public sector.

Until the last minute (Over the last two months) when they realized they were fucked. I think they’ll pull this off, but not without drama as we’ve already seen