website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Both weren't great 

BMX was time trial so nothing much interesting actually. 

Better than nothing, which I’ll gladly take any day. The aerobic stream was fine. Unfortunately, I missed the first few athletes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So in the news, there are two Malaysian rhythmic gymnasts who both awarded the gold because they scored the exact same score but with different E-score. The technical delegate then changed the result and relegated the other one to silver position, as per FIG rules. But the handbook doesn't mention such tie-breaker and Malaysia protested the decision.

https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/gymnastics/2019/12/09/msian-gymnast-izzah-stripped-of-one-gold-medal-as-sea-games-rhythmic-gymnastics-controversy-continues

57 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

So in the news, there are two Malaysian rhythmic gymnasts who both awarded the gold because they scored the exact same score but with different E-score. The technical delegate then changed the result and relegated the other one to silver position, as per FIG rules. But the handbook doesn't mention such tie-breaker and Malaysia protested the decision.

https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/gymnastics/2019/12/09/msian-gymnast-izzah-stripped-of-one-gold-medal-as-sea-games-rhythmic-gymnastics-controversy-continues

This is so sad... :facepalm:

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

They've reinstated the gold medal after the Malaysians appealed to the organizing committee.

Gymnastics: M'sia's Izzah has gold medal reinstated in ribbon event in SEA Games | The Star Online

24 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

They've reinstated the gold medal after the Malaysians appealed to the organizing committee.

Gymnastics: M'sia's Izzah has gold medal reinstated in ribbon event in SEA Games | The Star Online

And now also that women's breaking medals (at least in the web).

But three sets of canoeing medals are still not showing

Man, this is confusing :wacko:

28 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

So there is a technical delegate, one can assume to make sure FIG rules are followed, and then FIG rules are specifically not followed?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

46 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

And now also that women's breaking medals (at least in the web).

But three sets of canoeing medals are still not showing

Man, this is confusing :wacko:

It looks like the organisers changed their minds and decided to make women’s breaking a medal event even though there were only two athletes entered. Same with water polo for women. Initially, they weren’t going to award bronze medals because there were only three teams entered but now the official website shows the bronze medals awarded to the Philippines.

Canoeing. I’m confused with what’s showing on the official website as well. It seems like there were six events held instead of seven. Looks like the kayak singles got cancelled. 

50 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So there is a technical delegate, one can assume to make sure FIG rules are followed, and then FIG rules are specifically not followed?

I think what happened is that the technical handbook included rules to break ties during the qualification stage. But there were no rules about breaking ties during the finals. So the Malaysians had a reason to feel aggrieved :facepalm: