website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

I've been following the Thai Gymnastics Federation on Facebook for a while and they were super excited for the SEA Games. Now they are over the moon with the gold medal in rhythmic gymnastics. Many Thais seem to be excited with the gold medal as well, given their reaction on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. It's so nice to see rhythmic gymnastics being able to move fans and bring joy to a nation. Not may countries outside of Europe give proper credit to rhythmic gymnastics, unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I've been following the Thai Gymnastics Federation on Facebook for a while and they were super excited for the SEA Games. Now they are over the moon with the gold medal in rhythmic gymnastics. Many Thais seem to be excited with the gold medal as well, given their reaction on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. It's so nice to see rhythmic gymnastics being able to move fans and bring joy to a nation. Not may countries outside of Europe give proper credit to rhythmic gymnastics, unfortunately.

That's pretty much true. 

I remember how rythmic gymnastics is highlighted during the National games by Indian media because it is one of the only sports were Jammu and Kashmir gets its bulk of medals including gold. Gymnasts from J&K usually sweep the event with 4-6 golds in National games and National Championships. 

On 05/12/2019 at 07:46, Fly_like_a_don said:

Here's how the Sepaktakraw events were set :

Men's Event 

Hoop

Team Doubles 

Team Regu

Regu

Women's event 

Hoop

Regu

Rules : Phillipines can enter all events. All other nations can participate in 2 events each in men and women. :facepalm:

Similiar to AG 2018, but I rather prefer Quadrant event than Hoop.  Hoop is not bad but it is not true Sepaktakraw. The action you get to see in hoop is 0.001% as compared to ' real Takraw ' events.  What do you say @Griff88 @Olympian1010

I'm quoting myself after I realized I was wrong with the rules .

Mens event the rules are correct.

Women's event it's not even 2 events, all teams except host can participate in just 1 event. 

This meant :LAO :CAM :MYA women  came to the games and went Without playing Sepaktakraw .

Interestingly the 2 former nations weren't even shown live in men's doubles. When SEA nations originate the game such stupid rule is not expected. Or else invent more events so that host can win gold like artistic Sepaktakraw, rythmic Sepaktakraw, group ,individual etc:lol:So that hosts can win gold and we can see real Sepaktakraw from all teams. 

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

@Olympian1010 any news about Timor Leste can they win a medal here

That’s a question for @Griff88. If Alpine Skiing was on the program, yes. Can’t really think of any other chances. In the back of my mind, I know there’s something I’m forgetting, but oh well.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Griff88 said:

I've never seen someone submitted a photo like this for a Games result system :lol:

image.png

I remember when Mexico sent pictures of their male gymnasts to the Universiade and the pictures were of the same person with the gymnasts' head pasted on them. :lol: