website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Griff88 said:

Lol

It's the common English speaker mistake. I speak Indonesian, not "Language"

I knew you’d get a kick out of that. I always noticed that we call it Bahasa Indonesia, but Indonesians generally just call it Indonesian.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I knew you’d get a kick out of that. I always noticed that we call it Bahasa Indonesia, but Indonesians generally just call it Indonesian.

Bahasa Indonesia is actually acceptable, but not only "Bahasa" is not. Back then in high school, we have a English teacher who always reminds her younger colleague about this since the younger teacher always say "You're not allowed to speak Bahasa in class".

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Love the 2015 edition. I always found it funny that Singapore is by the far the wealthiest nation, but also one of the worst nations when measured by budget/strength/ability/etc. My big problem with the 2015 edition is that only only broadcasted like 10-15 sports. KL2017 was because they broadcasted 25-35 sports all together. 2015 also had actual PDF results, so that was nice too. I would say KL 2017 was a good edition too. I know there was a lot of drama (as usual), but all in all, it seemed like people really enjoyed that edition.

But as I said before, both of them have not-so-good opening. I still prefer Singapore though, we can look for real time update easier and the accuracy is very high (no sudden revision).

Edited by Griff88

10 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Bahasa Indonesia is actually acceptable, but not only "Bahasa" is not. Back then in high school, we have a English teacher who always reminds her younger colleague about this since the younger teacher always say "You're not allowed to speak Bahasa in class".

My Spanish teachers have always said the same. I still speak English because I’m not that into Spanish. I have nothing against people who speak Spanish, it’s just not for me. I want to learn some more exotic languages.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

But as I said before, both of them have not-so-good opening. I still prefer Singapore though, we can look for real time update easier and the accuracy is very high (no sudden revision).

I would say that both 2015 and 2017 are still a bit better than 2019. The games have been fine despite the terrible organization, and I loved the ceremony, but the results and streaming situation is much less than ideal, and that’s a big deal breaker for me.