Men's Event 

Hoop

Team Doubles 

Team Regu

Regu

Women's event 

Hoop

Regu

Rules : Phillipines can enter all events. All other nations can participate in 2 events each in men and women. :facepalm:

Similiar to AG 2018, but I rather prefer Quadrant event than Hoop.  Hoop is not bad but it is not true Sepaktakraw. The action you get to see in hoop is 0.001% as compared to ' real Takraw ' events.  What do you say @Griff88 @Olympian1010

6 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Here's how the Sepaktakraw events were set :

Men's Event 

Hoop

Team Doubles 

Team Regu

Regu

Women's event 

Hoop

Regu

Rules : Phillipines can enter all events. All other nations can participate in 2 events each in men and women. :facepalm:

Similiar to AG 2018, but I rather prefer Quadrant event than Hoop.  Hoop is not bad but it is not true Sepaktakraw. The action you get to see in hoop is 0.001% as compared to ' real Takraw ' events.  What do you say @Griff88 @Olympian1010

First off, lame rules for entry, and not giving women an equal number of events. I too am not a huge fan of hoop. It’s quite boring, and like you said, not true takraw. I would have preferred doubles to quadrant though. I like the doubles format. However, nothing beats good old regu. Not a big fan of these Team events either. I’d prefer a team event where there are three matches: one double, one regu, one quad. The perfect SEA Games and Asian Games Sepaktakraw program would be:

Double

Regu

Quad

Team

Hoop (Only in SEA Games)

Men and Women would compete in all events. Wouldn’t mind the Team event being Mixed Gender with this order: W Double, M Regu, W Regu, M Double (if needed), Mixed Quad (if needed)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Wait, what? This is probably the "main" sport at the SEA Games (i.e. the best of the best in the world can compete), and the organizers still impose restrictions on which nations can enter teams in which events? Disgusting.

19 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Wait, what? This is probably the "main" sport at the SEA Games (i.e. the best of the best in the world can compete), and the organizers still impose restrictions on which nations can enter teams in which events? Disgusting.

we have the same rule at the Asian Games, they just don't want Thailand winning all gold medals ! (and yes I know this is stupid)

btw these events are all unnecessary , at first it was just Regu (regu means "team") then they got bored and created other events like doubles, quad, team doubles etc ! and they are all similar ! at least hoop takraw is different, yes it's long and boring but at least different.

in a normal world there should be only 2 events for this sport, Men's Regu and Women's Regu.

Edited by MHSN

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

we have the same rule at the Asian Games, they just don't want Thailand winning all gold medals ! (and yes I know this is stupid)

It doesn’t matter because :MAS and :THA are just so much better than everyone else. Occasionally maybe :MYA:LAO:INA can compete. :KOR actually not half bad either. Korea is a country that’s always good in most sports. Their the only non-traditional country to be good in both Kabaddi and Sepaktakraw.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Who’s ready for eSports?!?! :p

Actually quite looking forward to this. SEA is one of the best regions in the world, especially at the games put on the program. Quality should be good. Looking forward to seeing some good matches.

27 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Sepak Takraw is the most confusing sport I've tried to follow. The governing body for the sport is a joke, then there's the King's Cup which is nearly impossible to find results for... It's a pity because the sport per se is exciting, and a lot better than badminton, in my opinion. I would gladly watch it at the Olympics instead of karate, taekwondo or badminton (three sports I really dislike).