website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

The Ice Hockey Results thread is open Here

At least you got an account for that service :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I thought I read that, but GMA is the only who’s been offering the streaming internationally so far (at least on YouTube (the best video platform)). Do you know of any other channels besides 5, ABS-CBN, and GMA offering live coverage and replays? The official YouTube is supposed to start offering live-streams starting with the opening ceremony tonight I believe.

Well there no sign whatsoever from the big channels which streamed KL 2017 on Youtube like SG Sports TV and PTV (and yes not even the official channel).

All we can do is just wait and see

26 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Well there no sign whatsoever from the big channels which streamed KL 2017 on Youtube like SG Sports TV and PTV (and yes not even the official channel).

All we can do is just wait and see

Toggle is broadcasting in Singapore. PTV losing the host broadcast rights was a huge scandal in :PHI

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Toggle is broadcasting in Singapore. PTV losing the host broadcast rights was a huge scandal in :PHI

SG Sports TV is the one which streams Toggle broadcast to Youtube

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not surprised. But she's not a potential gymnast either so this is just another sensational rubbish news for me.

40 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

SG Sports TV is the one which streams Toggle broadcast to Youtube

Not surprised. But she's not a potential gymnast either so this is just another sensational rubbish news for me.

I think that was just the deal for last time. It doesn’t seem like the came to an agreement this time since Toggle’s already been broadcasting football.

That’s why I asked for your opinion :yes. I didn’t want to make a big deal out of rumors.

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Actually PTV not winning the rights here wasn’t a big deal. They haven’t really covered sports in recent years and there’s nothing worth watching on that channel anyway except for the daily lottery draws. We’ll probably be able to watch the Games here on four sports channels - two belonging to TV5 and two belonging to ABS-CBN

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think that was just the deal for last time. It doesn’t seem like the came to an agreement this time since Toggle’s already been broadcasting football.

That’s why I asked for your opinion :yes. I didn’t want to make a big deal out of rumors.

And now the 'not virgin gymnast' drama is getting interesting after one of the famous sport news website interviewed the coaches: https://www.jawapos.com/sports/30/11/2019/dituding-keluarkan-atlet-karena-tak-perawan-pelatih-membantah-keras/ (in Indonesian)

To summarize the article, the coach (who signed the dismissal letter) said that the athlete is unable to keep her performance and ideal weight. She lost badly on national trials against provincial level athlete, and she was considered to SEA Games just because one of our best gymnast injured. Also, she often got caught run away from the dorm to meet her boyfriend and lied that she was doing school work. The gymnastic federation decided to follow the coach recommendation and discharged the athlete. It looks like her mother is not happy with this and started an uproar.

Just like my prediction, it is from the gymnasts' side who created the drama

Edited by Griff88

One of the best ceremonies of this very long year of games. Our former colony did very well :p. I’m impressed with the talent the organizers were able to book. I also sometimes forget how similar Filipino and Latin American culture is. I recognize some of the dances from cultural performances in my town. We have a huge Filipino community around here, and I’m sure they would have all loved that ceremony. The ceremony itself was also a nice brisk 90 minutes (or just a bit under actually). Here’s a full replay: