website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

Just found out Short Track is back on the program (or at least the results system says it is) :clap::thumbup:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I think construction will be finished in time, but these are very worrying pictures a few days out from the games :yikes:. I’m not sure as to the validity of reporting, but from my understanding Rappler is a good source. https://www.rappler.com/sports/specials/sea-games/245619-rizal-memorial-under-construction-before-2019

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s the the ever-present scourge of multi-sports games; the less than ideal results system: https://rs.2019seagames.com/RS2019/GamesSchedule

Hello. I'm new here. How did you find the results system? I can't access it through the SEA Games homepage. Thanks

51 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

Hello. I'm new here. How did you find the results system? I can't access it through the SEA Games homepage. Thanks

It’s under the schedule tab (or at least it was). You can find it at that link too. :yes

Also welcome to forum! Always nice to gain a new member. By your username, I would imagine you’re very excited for these games :p

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think construction will be finished in time, but these are very worrying pictures a few days out from the games :yikes:. I’m not sure as to the validity of reporting, but from my understanding Rappler is a good source. https://www.rappler.com/sports/specials/sea-games/245619-rizal-memorial-under-construction-before-2019

They are reliable (the Indonesian version is also quite popular too).

Don't worry about the venues, I think they can't be worse than us in 2011, where all venues finished exactly a day before the opening ;)

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

If it were Indonesia I would have suspected foul play, but I’d imagine this is just a sad mistake.

Polo begins today by the way. From what I’ve read the tournament is anyone’s to win.

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s under the schedule tab (or at least it was). You can find it at that link too. :yes

Also welcome to forum! Always nice to gain a new member. By your username, I would imagine you’re very excited for these games :p

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same results system they've been using since 2009 (with the exception of 2015 when the Singaporeans used ATOS). And I'm afraid I'm not too excited for these Games. Too many sports and too many events for me. :p

14 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same results system they've been using since 2009 (with the exception of 2015 when the Singaporeans used ATOS). And I'm afraid I'm not too excited for these Games. Too many sports and too many events for me. :p

Yes, 2015 used ATOS (which is why they’re the only edition with PDFs available :p). The ATOS system is definitely the better of the two. There can never be too many sports or events (though the organizers are testing that theory :d)

Edited by Olympian1010