website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

Will artistic and rhythmic gymnastics events be broadcast live? I hope so because Carlos Yulo could realistically win a medal in all of the events. Also, it's always nice to watch Rifda Irfanaluthfi and Farah Abdul. I'm also hopeful for some action in rhythmic gymnastics, especially the Malaysian individual gymnasts and the Malaysian and Thai groups (speaking of which, the Thai group won the bronze medal at the 2018 Asian Cup last year; level was somewhat low, but still nice for them to win a continental medal).

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Will artistic and rhythmic gymnastics events be broadcast live? I hope so because Carlos Yulo could realistically win a medal in all of the events. Also, it's always nice to watch Rifda Irfanaluthfi and Farah Abdul. I'm also hopeful for some action in rhythmic gymnastics, especially the Malaysian individual gymnasts and the Malaysian and Thai groups (speaking of which, the Thai group won the bronze medal at the 2018 Asian Cup last year; level was somewhat low, but still nice for them to win a continental medal).

They were in 2017 (and can still be found ok YouTube (all events all sessions)), but the broadcast plan for 2019 is much, much smaller. I’d say there’s a 25% chance.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

They were in 2017 (and can still be found ok YouTube (all events all sessions)), but the broadcast plan for 2019 is much, much smaller. I’d say there’s a 25% chance.

It would be insane not to show Yulo. As I mentioned, he is expected to win gold medals in the all-around, floor, maybe vault and team. He can also win a medal on parallel bars. High bar, pommels and rings, in theory, are his weakest events, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a medal in these events too. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 13:46, thiago_simoes said:

The current broadcast plan says that gymnastics will be shown live. Now, I’m not sure if that means all sessions, some sessions, artistic and/or rhythmic, etc. I also don’t know if the broadcasts will be internationally available.

KL2017 had a much broader and better streaming/broadcast system. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The current broadcast plan says that gymnastics will be shown live. Now, I’m not sure if that means all sessions, some sessions, artistic and/or rhythmic, etc. I also don’t know if the broadcasts will be internationally available.

KL2017 had a much broader and better streaming/broadcast system. 

I guess the fact that Yulo has become the reigning world champion on floor made a difference here. This will probably be the best edition of the SEA Games when it comes to artistic gymnastics. Rhythmics will not be a huge loss for everyone if it's not broadcasted. Only Thailand and Malaysia are kind of decent (and even this might be a stretch), but it's my favorite sport, so I'm still looking forward to it.

On 10/11/2019 at 04:16, thiago_simoes said:

I guess the fact that Yulo has become the reigning world champion on floor made a difference here. This will probably be the best edition of the SEA Games when it comes to artistic gymnastics. Rhythmics will not be a huge loss for everyone if it's not broadcasted. Only Thailand and Malaysia are kind of decent (and even this might be a stretch), but it's my favorite sport, so I'm still looking forward to it.

Well they haven’t specified which discipline they’re showing. However, I noticed all three disciplines (Artistic, Rhythmic, Aerobic :wub:) will take place at the same venue, so there’s a strong possibility all three may end up being broadcasted. 

For everyone else too, I found the original broadcast agree (or at least a summary of it) and it says that 11 sports will be broadcast live (like I stated before), however it also says that other sports may be streamed online as well. There’s 56 sports on the program so hopefully we can at least get footage from at 20-30 of them. All sports will have highlights made available.

On 08/09/2019 at 05:28, Olympian1010 said:

So only 11 out of 56 sports will be broadcast live :facepalm:. I mean I didn’t expect all 56, but I definitely expected more than 11. Plus, the 11 include sports like Football, Volleyball, etc. which are sports that may be popular, but level will be extremely low. This is the Philippines broadcast plan, so hopeful us international fans get a few more sports.

Yeah, what does Chess have to do to get some TV love?  Cheerleaders, please, :cheer:!

5 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, what does Chess have to do to get some TV love?  Cheerleaders, please, :cheer:!

Chess will most likely be “shown” online. I know that there’s often websites that show games in real-time for the major meets. I’ll see what I can dig up when the games get closer.