website statistics

CISM Military World Games 2019

Totallympics

38 minutes ago, opruh said:

I'm not allowed to have another sporting event other than the olympics to be my favorite? Is totallympics a dictatorship?:zip:

No, but China is.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, opruh said:

I'm not allowed to have another sporting event other than the olympics to be my favorite? Is totallympics a dictatorship?:zip:

Jokes aside. Chinese athletes did perform well. Unfortunately, it was at expense of some athletes who performed better in some cases. I mean almost of the all the officials and judges were Chinese, that shouldn’t be the case at an international event like this. A lot of questionable calls favored the Chinese athletes. Also, to be clear, I don’t the blame the athletes. Many of the men have no control over the government “fixing” the results. I do think China did a great job hosting the games, I just can’t respect the way the cheated in multiple case, and how hard they made it find some basic information. I enjoyed the games, but they were far from perfect.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Griff88 said:

So... 1 bronze medal for us. Better than nothing.

Still unable to understand why the host tried so hard to win by all means, many countries just send athletes for the sake of participation lol

But look! China can beat India, Sri Lanka, Rwanda, Congo, and 4th string European and American athletes with their best athletes!

I’m honestly fine with them taking the games seriously, I think it’s a good thing for the longevity and prestige of the games. The fixing, cheating, and lack of foreign top talent isn’t though.

15 hours ago, Dunadan said:

Bonfim being robbed of a medal, how sad :)

I retract my statement, Bonfim has not been robbed...results show 4 red cards for loss of contact https://res1.wuhan2019mwg.cn/WUHAN2019/ATH/PDF/WUHAN2019~2019-10-25~2019-10-25~095646989~DT_PDF~C73K~ATHM20KMWALK----------FNL-000100--~~~5.0~P~.pdf?random=0.4912442394443941

Plus, remember that in the last 100m you can be disqualified anyway for obvious loss of contact (which is clear by both athletes in the video)...at best Bonfim could hope that the Chinese would get a direct DQ but engaging in a running race with home athletes in the last 100m and then complaining is not very smart.

40 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Is there any way to download videos from CCTV's website? I can't find anything.

What do you mean? Artistic Gymnastics wasn’t broadcast if that’s what you’re looking for. CCTV only broadcast event finals and a few prelims here and there.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

What do you mean? Artistic Gymnastics wasn’t broadcast if that’s what you’re looking for. CCTV only broadcast event finals and a few prelims here and there.

Yes, I know. There's a session in archery I would like to download. The link is here.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes, I know. There's a session in archery I would like to download. The link is here.

This is my usual way:

Use this extension (Firefox): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-videodownloader/

1. Install

2. Play the video once (10 seconds is enough), refresh it and play it again

3. Download the video using the extension