website statistics

CISM Military World Games 2019

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I know @heywoodu will be interested in the games the minute he hears there will be a 50km Race Walk :d

Obviously :d

Can't really follow it these days though. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Przed chwilą, heywoodu napisał:

Obviously :d

Can't really follow it these days though. 

I don't get discouraged there easily. As soon as there is any relationship and I am at home / work, I must watch.

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Gymnastics isn’t a sport that needs to depend on military founding or backup jobs. It’s a shame there will only be six countries and only men. Though women’s gymnastics probably wouldn’t improve a militaries image. 

In Brazil, the army pays a hefty sum of money for top level gymnasts. They train in their clubs, but are officially military athletes. I know that some gymnasts in Russia and Ukraine are also part of the military. I'm surprised neither country will send gymnasts to these Games.

I don't know the point of having military games for civil athletes who just wear military clothes for days , why not making these games for real soldiers and officers around the world as part of entertainment for those already having hard lives 

:SVK  send 12 athletes.

4 in Athletics (Martina Hrašnová in W Hammer Throw and Tomáš Veszelka in M Triple Jump) being the most famous names. 1 in Swimming (Another Olympian Tomáš Klobučník) 1 in Wrestling and the remaining 6 in Parachuting

Except Parachuting all other athletes are members of our main Sporting Military Club Dukla Banská Bystrica. The parachutters are members of our Special Reaction Regiment

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

I don't know the point of having military games for civil athletes who just wear military clothes for days , why not making these games for real soldiers and officers around the world as part of entertainment for those already having hard lives 

Well all the US athletes are like that. Most of the European ones are too in most sports. In sports like modern pentathlon I don’t mind because most of the top athletes are already in their respective armies.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Gymnastics isn’t a sport that needs to depend on military founding or backup jobs. It’s a shame there will only be six countries and only men. Though women’s gymnastics probably wouldn’t improve a militaries image. 

In Italy all the individual sport (except tennis and golf) are founding by the army corps. Our biggest athletes (maybe with the Pellegrini's exception) was part of the italian army :p

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

In Italy all the individual sport (except tennis and golf) are founding by the army corps. Our biggest athletes (maybe with the Pellegrini's exception) was part of the italian army :p

Yes, I am aware of that. The winter sports are especially dependent on that funding.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela