website statistics

African Games 2019

Totallympics

33 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

You suggest either of two Asian nations should have hosted the African Games? Ok.

The majority of their athletes come from Africa. Plus, I was making a joke about them using the games as a scooting camp.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

This is the kind of joke I don't support. 

Oh believe I hate that they’re poaching athletes, but use humor in a mostly satirical way to express myself without launching a full tirade into my opinions. If we can’t highlight and laugh at mistakes, then we’re not improving society.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 26/08/2019 at 02:51, Olympian1010 said:

These games are in such disarray. The top athletes aren’t showing up (a rare case in African sport). The games appear to be the King’s vanity project (at least in Sochi Putin didn’t plaster his name and face everywhere at the venues). The venues are meh at best. Local interest is terrible. International interest is terrible. There’s no international live feeds for any sports. The website can’t perform basic functions it should be able to. Plus, today I saw that athletes are talking about how the event doesn’t feel special at all. What are poor showing from Morocco. This is defense the worst multi-sports games of the 2017-2020 cycle (I’m putting them below the 2017 Jeux De La Francophonie and 2018 South American Games). I can’t believe African settled for this horror show, but I understand their problem. They should have just asked Qatar or Bahrain to host the games. At least those two would have fulfilled all the above. Plus, they could’ve used the games to poach more talent from the continent :p

In badminton it is in a further disarray. The Moroccan federation has internal conflicts (they send really weak players) and the results updated in the web is full of mistakes.

And according to one African badminton expert, a retired player (one of the best Moroccan badminton player) suddenly found her name registered by the federation to participate lol

14 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

In badminton it is in a further disarray. The Moroccan federation has internal conflicts (they send really weak players) and the results updated in the web is full of mistakes.

And according to one African badminton expert, a retired player (one of the best Moroccan badminton player) suddenly found her name registered by the federation to participate lol

Yeah I tried watching the Athletics yesterday, and I’ve never seen a multi-sports games stadium more empty. It was worse than the football stadiums during preliminary matches at Lima 2019. 

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah I tried watching the Athletics yesterday, and I’ve never seen a multi-sports games stadium more empty. It was worse than the football stadiums during preliminary matches at Lima 2019. 

Even in naples it was completely empty at least the athletics.