website statistics

African Games 2019

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

They don't actually speak Portuguese there, but somehow the government added Portuguese as an official language so they could have be part of better economic deals with Brazil and other Portuguese-speaking nations, as far as I know. Weird.

Only fitting for Equatorial Guinea. :evil:

#banbestmen

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

Only fitting for Equatorial Guinea. :evil:

Who were the original hosts of this year’s games by the way...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

These games are in such disarray. The top athletes aren’t showing up (a rare case in African sport). The games appear to be the King’s vanity project (at least in Sochi Putin didn’t plaster his name and face everywhere at the venues). The venues are meh at best. Local interest is terrible. International interest is terrible. There’s no international live feeds for any sports. The website can’t perform basic functions it should be able to. Plus, today I saw that athletes are talking about how the event doesn’t feel special at all. What are poor showing from Morocco. This is defense the worst multi-sports games of the 2017-2020 cycle (I’m putting them below the 2017 Jeux De La Francophonie and 2018 South American Games). I can’t believe African settled for this horror show, but I understand their problem. They should have just asked Qatar or Bahrain to host the games. At least those two would have fulfilled all the above. Plus, they could’ve used the games to poach more talent from the continent :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

These games are in such disarray. The top athletes aren’t showing up (a rare case in African sport). The games appear to be the King’s vanity project (at least in Sochi Putin didn’t plaster his name and face everywhere at the venues). The venues are meh at best. Local interest is terrible. International interest is terrible. There’s no international live feeds for any sports. The website can’t perform basic functions it should be able to. Plus, today I saw that athletes are talking about how the event doesn’t feel special at all. What are poor showing from Morocco. This is defense the worst multi-sports games of the 2017-2020 cycle (I’m putting them below the 2017 Jeux De La Francophonie and 2018 South American Games). I can’t believe African settled for this horror show, but I understand their problem. They should have just asked Qatar or Bahrain to host the games. At least those two would have fulfilled all the above. Plus, they could’ve used the games to poach more talent from the continent :p

Well still by miles better than this years European Games

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Well still by miles better than this years European Games

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

I duno, at least I was able to watch some of those...

My score has the 2019 European Games as the second best of this cycle I believe (it’s close between them and the Pan Ams). The Euro Games were much, much better than this nonsense.