website statistics

African Games 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, phelps said:

the problem is that they say that's only on their terrestrial version (TNT), which normally means that on satellite and streaming it won't be available (they will air some alternate programming)...

the only way to know if they're going to respect their own preview (sometimes they don't do what they say and leave programs that should be within Moroccan territory only also on sat/streaming), it's to open their site/channel and watch what they're actually broadcasting in that moment...

Yeah your right about them only showing the games on the TNT feed. That’s just wonderful because I’m almost certain that’s not available outside of Morocco. Supposedly the Olympic Channel is covering games, but they haven’t posted any schedule yet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

According to ITG, these are the sports that will offer Olympic qualification (or points towards that) @JoshMartini007 @Sindo “Athletics, rowing, canoeing, karate, swimming, weightlifting, beach volleyball, tennis, cycling, judo, wrestling, taekwondo, table tennis, fencing, sports shooting, archery, badminton and triathlon will all offer chances to qualify for next year's Olympic Games in Tokyo.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

53 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

According to ITG, these are the sports that will offer Olympic qualification (or points towards that) @JoshMartini007 @Sindo “Athletics, rowing, canoeing, karate, swimming, weightlifting, beach volleyball, tennis, cycling, judo, wrestling, taekwondo, table tennis, fencing, sports shooting, archery, badminton and triathlon will all offer chances to qualify for next year's Olympic Games in Tokyo.”

ITG usually has errors in their articles. Can't view them as a trustworthy source.

24 minutes ago, intoronto said:

ITG usually has errors in their articles. Can't view them as a trustworthy source.

Well they use a lot of the same sources we do. Say what you want, but If you ask it’s probably the most correct list at this point. There’s 4-5 lists on this thread and they all contain different sports. At this I’m just assuming everything counts for Olympic qualification :p

After Judo we have 13 nations on the medal table :clap:. There’s also quite a bit of history already.

:GAB won 2 gold medals today! That’s 1/4 of their all-time gold medal count. They also sit 5th in the medal table now. 

:CHA won their 6th medal of all-time!!! It was a bronze in women’s judo.

:DJI won their 2nd medal of all-time!!! It was a bronze men’s judo.

:SEN also managed to snag a rare non-North African judo gold today. 

:ANG got 2 bronze medals. Very impressive performance for a country with very little history in judo.

:ALG sent 18 judokas, 11 won medals. That’s an impressive stat for such a young team. (I believe :MAR managed the same feat as well)

The Beach Volleyball tournament is also looking like it will produce some interesting results. 

:SLE women continued to look good after their Commonwealth appearance. They took 9th in the tournament.

:GAM has managed to make it to the men’s quaterfinals

:MOZ and :MRI have made it to the women’s semifinals

Also the men’s side is interesting because :TUN, :MRI, :EGY, :ALG were all eliminated unexpectedly in pool play.

The commonwealth nations are faring quite well here. Maybe the inclusion of the sport has incentivized and new part of the continent.

Tomorrow will be the opening ceremony. Morocco is a 2nd world country with rich culture and amazing scenery. I’m expecting a good show (so hopefully I’m able to watch it). I also start university, so my posts are about to go from 60 to 0 very quick. 

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

No way for Rowing, Fencing and Shooting.

Opening Ceremony will air on the Olympic Channel today :clap:

Edited by Olympian1010