website statistics

African Games 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well part of the problem is that Brazzaville 2015 was very successful, had streaming that is still viewable to this day, and had a well functioning website. I understand that African faces serious challenges, but I feel like the fact Samoa 2019 had a more functional website is a bit embrassing. The 2019 African Beach Games were highly successful too. They had a great website, acceptable streaming, and live results. I just feel like there’s zero information available about these games. I could look many places and find what I needed to know about the 2019 Pacific Games. That just isn’t the case here. I just expected more from Morocco. I watched them host a very successful gymnasiade last year. I guess I was just expecting too much from a country that hosts world class events quite often. 

I'm mostly surprised you expected so much. If big African sports events have shown anything, it's that these are exactly the things that are generally just 15 levels below that of the rest of the world, maybe with a rare exception here and there. There might be all kinds of reasons for that so blaming it on them would be possibly unfair, but it's generally just better to expect it's not a fantastically organized event in terms of information, everything being ready, competitions running smoothly and so on. Better focus on the sports :p 

My motto for events like this (or at least I'm trying): "Expect nothing, then you can't be disappointed" :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@bestmen and @thepharoah sorry to bother again. I have no way of translating this because it’s a TV ad. All I could do was screenshot it, and ask nicely for an English translation.C5E49D00-6E4A-469D-A1E5-673C3086332F.png

I’m assuming that it says they’ll broadcast the opening ceremony of 17:00 local time tomorrow?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

no event tomorrow only the opening ceremony , the next medals for 20 August

egypt is already leanding by 4 Gold in Judo

the worst edition for :ALG and :TUN for the first time there is no teams battle

Edited by bestmen

24 minutes ago, bestmen said:

LOL Tuesday 17:00 football morocco vs burkinaf aso

Great, just what wanted to watch :wall:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

49 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@bestmen and @thepharoah sorry to bother again. I have no way of translating this because it’s a TV ad. All I could do was screenshot it, and ask nicely for an English translation.C5E49D00-6E4A-469D-A1E5-673C3086332F.png

I’m assuming that it says they’ll broadcast the opening ceremony of 17:00 local time tomorrow?

The opening ceremony per this photo will also be broadcasted on the channel and it's very logical to do I think by them 

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

the problem is that they say that's only on their terrestrial version (TNT), which normally means that on satellite and streaming it won't be available (they will air some alternate programming)...

the only way to know if they're going to respect their own preview (sometimes they don't do what they say and leave programs that should be within Moroccan territory only also on sat/streaming), it's to open their site/channel and watch what they're actually broadcasting in that moment...