website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

1 hour ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Very true, but each department has an unofficial flag used for sporting events. Martinique's council adopted this new one (and a territorial anthem too!) It used to be the snake flag. 

Interesting, they used the French flag when they competed in Barranquilla. I wonder if they’ll switch over now? I’m not really in favor of them completing since their actually a full part of the French Republic, but whatever.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Interesting, they used the French flag when they competed in Barranquilla. I wonder if they’ll switch over now? I’m not really in favor of them completing since their actually a full part of the French Republic, but whatever.

Yeah they can't actually display the flags because they're wholly unofficial. All the same they are represented by the unofficial flags most places online, including NORCECA, Wikipedia results and even Apple emojis.

I agree it's weird for them to compete as they're basically like what Hawaii is to the US. Then again we might start to see Hawaii in the Pacific Games so...

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

9 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yeah they can't actually display the flags because they're wholly unofficial. All the same they are represented by the unofficial flags most places online, including NORCECA, Wikipedia results and even Apple emojis.

I agree it's weird for them to compete as they're basically like what Hawaii is to the US. Then again we might start to see Hawaii in the Pacific Games so...

Yeah, Hawaii definitely shouldn’t be competing because it’s a whole ass state, but I’ll let the PGC do what they want.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, Hawaii definitely shouldn’t be competing because it’s a whole ass state, but I’ll let the PGC do what they want.

To be fair, one of the main fun things about these events is to see 'nations' (or entities, whatever you want to call it) compete which you normally don't see in the big world championships and Olympics.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, one of the main fun things about these events is to see 'nations' (or entities, whatever you want to call it) compete which you normally don't see in the big world championships and Olympics.

Right, but that’s what the Island Games are for...

I think the Pacific Games should be reserved for Oceanic countries, free association territories, or dependencies which are self-governing and part of another country.

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right, but that’s what the Island Games are for...

I think the Pacific Games should be reserved for Oceanic countries, free association territories, or dependencies which are self-governing and part of another country.

The Pacific Games should be reserved for entities in the Pacific, at least in my opinion.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The Pacific Games should be reserved for entities in the Pacific, at least in my opinion.

I’m not saying Hawaii can’t compete, but if their going to, then the rest of the US should be allowed to compete as well :p

What a second, there used to be a lot more threads shown in the 'Latest Replies' section, wasn't it? 

Or are my eyes just glitching, because right now there's only eight, and I think there used to be a lot more than just eight.