website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

Can we add a block function? I have some prime candidates currently :p

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Can we add a block function? I have some prime candidates currently

That's a good idea- but how to implement it?. Say if you blocked @Monzanator (just an example!) but didn't block @OlympicsFan (again, just an example!) you would just see one of them arguing with himself about Nordic Combined. :p

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Can we add a block function? I have some prime candidates currently

There is already! And users really should start using it :p

Immagine.png

Yes, there might be the problem @ahjfcshfghb talked about above.  But it's still better than not ingoring at all if you really can not stand another user ;)

30 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Immagine.png

Yes, there might be the problem @ahjfcshfghb talked about above.  But it's still better than not ingoring at all if you really can not stand another user ;)

Man I made a bad joke. It’s ok @Sindo I’m cool with everyone, no need the ignore me. My parents already do that :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Man I made a bad joke.

It is actually useful though (although it'd be perfect if quotes of blocked users would be invisible as well, too bad they're not.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 14/03/2019 at 01:44, Sindo said:

Immagine.png

Never understood why there is a need for that. If you dont care about a users opinion, then just ignore him (its not like any of you guys has anything more important to do with his time, so i am sure taking 0,1 seconds to recognize that a comment was made by a certain user and that you therefore dont have to bother reading it wont stop you from achieving anything important in your lives). The sad thing is that most guys constantly feel the need to point out that certain users should be ignored, but then they still go on and reply to them (for example like our czech friend did in the biathlon thread after the mens individual race or how our dutch friend keeps answering to comments of mine without actually replying, because he thinks that way he can tell himself that he is actually ignoring me).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

The sad thing imo is that certain users who constantly insult other users (+ their countries even if they are not related to the discussion, because why not trying to provoke in every possible way and satisfy their need for attention) have never been restricted or banned, and then they complain about the way others decide to deal with them.

I didn't read my own post?

PznRLWi.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!