website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

Just now, Vojthas said:

I find the mobile version quite good. The only thing I'd add are push notifications. I see that very few users use the "follow" option, but maybe with push notifications it would be used more often.

I like the mobile version of Totallympics, don't get me wrong (apart from choosing smileys which at least on my phone is a pain in the ass, since when I type for example :cheer, my phone automatically turns it into :cheecheer - same with every other smiley). It's just the adds that are covering content, buttons or that are simply present.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

There are no donations and premium options anymore since almost two years.

I think right now the website works pretty well from mobile?

It works great on mobile! But an app would be better in terms of notifications, private messages, et cetera. We definitely don’t need it, I only thought it could enhance the experience while not taking away from the forum.

I would say that Discord/Slack/WhatsApp would be great for hosting TISC’s though. It may be worth trying in the future

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

33 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would say that Discord/Slack/WhatsApp would be great for hosting TISC’s though. It may be worth trying in the future

Nah, TISC's especially should be on a forum where one can easily 'read back' what happened.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh and it could improve engagement. Like you could show notifications on the phone's homescreen. "It's been *39* Days Since You Checked Out "2019 Asian Winter Children's Games". Why Don't You See What's Happening?"

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

1 hour ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Oh and it could improve engagement. Like you could show notifications on the phone's homescreen. "It's been *39* Days Since You Checked Out "2019 Asian Winter Children's Games". Why Don't You See What's Happening?"

Alright I posted about those once, give me a break

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela