website statistics

Snowboarding FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Expected 2 medals. Last year Germany won 2 medals despite Ledecky not being absent. You of all people should understand, you basically call every fencing event where Italy doesnt win gold disappointing. Compared to this expecting 2 medals here was pretty humble in my opinion.

Joerg should be thankful Ledecka loves alpine skiing more than snowboarding right now. I guess it's up to the challenge. She might be the World Champion but Ledecka is still the one that gets talked about the most :lol:

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

What a performance for 43 year old Jasey Jay Anderson, I wonder if he will go to Beijing.

I mean, he might as well

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 ore fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

Expected 2 medals. Last year Germany won 2 medals despite Ledecky not being absent. You of all people should understand, you basically call every fencing event where Italy doesnt win gold disappointing. Compared to this expecting 2 medals here was pretty humble in my opinion.

I understand, but Snowboard is a lot more aleatory than Fencing...

there are a lot more factors you can't control properly...especially on a course like yesterday's...

so, still coming home with the Gold Medal can't be considered "pretty disappointing"...

OK, it could have gone even better (it was really possible), but in the end it wasn't that bad (or did you prefer silver & bronze rather than just gold? :whistle:)...

p.s. and yes, the first name of the Swiss rider is Ladina, meanwhile Jenny (for the English speaking guys, it's pronounced "Yenni") is the Family name...no mistake...

vor 52 Minuten schrieb phelps:

I understand, but Snowboard is a lot more aleatory than Fencing...

there are a lot more factors you can't control properly...especially on a course like yesterday's...

so, still coming home with the Gold Medal can't be considered "pretty disappointing"...

OK, it could have gone even better (it was really possible), but in the end it wasn't that bad (or did you prefer silver & bronze rather than just gold? :whistle:)...

p.s. and yes, the first name of the Swiss rider is Ladina, meanwhile Jenny (for the English speaking guys, it's pronounced "Yenni") is the Family name...no mistake...

I dont see it, the same athletes (Ledecka, Samkova, White, Kim) almost always win in some snowboard events, fencing has a better variety of winners.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Absolutely pointless race, completely unworthy. The fact that almost everyone on the blue course won clearly shows that this course was ridiculous. I guess Joerg cant believe her luck. A couple of years ago someone like her never would have gotten a gold medal in PGS, but sadly the level of competition is at an all time low. I miss the days of Ledecky (misspelling her name makes me feel cool :cool:) ... [semicit.]

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Dunadan:

Absolutely pointless race, completely unworthy. The fact that almost everyone on the blue course won clearly shows that this course was ridiculous. I guess Joerg cant believe her luck. A couple of years ago someone like her never would have gotten a gold medal in PGS, but sadly the level of competition is at an all time low. I miss the days of Ledecky (misspelling her name makes me feel cool :cool:) ... [semicit.]

1) Jörg was 2nd at the olympics last year and when the gold medal winner (Ledecka, the fact that you misspell her name on purpose clearly shows that you dont have respect for this sport and therefore shouldnt participate in the discussion) is missing, her winning gold is not very surprising.

2) In PGS/PS you always have uneven courses, thats why you have a qualification to determine who is the fastest on both courses and therefore should have the advantage. The fact that you dont know this again clearly shows that you shouldnt participate in this discussion.

3) "Absolutely pointless race, ..."

What race in specific are you talking about? You realize that we have multiple rounds in PGS (unlike in super g/downhill) and not only one race?

4) I am impressed that you mentioned two athletes in your comment (Jörg and Ledecka) and misspelled both of their names ...

5) You realize that Ledecka is only taking a break and will compete again in the future?

To sum it up: The level of cluelessness and ignorance displayed by you in this comment is absolutely outrageous, frankly i dont know why you waste your time on a sports forum, you clearly dont have a clue what you are talking about.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

1) Jörg was 2nd at the olympics last year and when the gold medal winner (Ledecka, the fact that you misspell her name on purpose clearly shows that you dont have respect for this sport and therefore shouldnt participate in the discussion) is missing, her winning gold is not very surprising.

2) In PGS/PS you always have uneven courses, thats why you have a qualification to determine who is the fastest on both courses and therefore should have the advantage. The fact that you dont know this again clearly shows that you shouldnt participate in this discussion.

3) "Absolutely pointless race, ..."

What race in specific are you talking about? You realize that we have multiple rounds in PGS (unlike in super g/downhill) and not only one race?

4) I am impressed that you mentioned two athletes in your comment (Jörg and Ledecka) and misspelled both of their names ...

5) You realize that Ledecka is only taking a break and will compete again in the future?

To sum it up: The level of cluelessness and ignorance displayed by you in this comment is absolutely outrageous, frankly i dont know why you waste your time on a sports forum, you clearly dont have a clue what you are talking about.

You've misspelled Ledecka's name yesterday too so just how petty are you, mister? Nobody held you accountable for that but since you're taking cheap shots now I'm doing that as well. Learn the name of the biggest snowboarding star before you criticize anyone in this thread!

And why I should have complexes about Americans? Does he take part in women's PS? Joerg might be World Champion but she'll never have Ledecka's status and White is way beyond her too. It's you who wants Horngacher as the head coach though. You had him all these years and now you still want him back :lol: Poor Germany only won 1 gold medal and their fan can't take it :sure:

Why are we even comparing White and Ledeská? Freestyle and alpine snowboarding are almost different sports now, there is no overlap between the athletes.

...and come on, Red Gerard isn’t even one of the one of the biggest star of slopestyle snowboarding, let alone snowboarding in general. He was a big media star in the US during the Olympics but that was about it.