website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It looks like you’ll be cheering for the :SVK girls @hckosice

Same happened in Lillehammer, we choosed I don´t know why the Girls team and it ended by a failure. At least Sebastian Čederle saved our asses winning our only medal there in the boys skills challenge competition

Just now, hckosice said:

Same happened in Lillehammer, we choosed I don´t know why the Girls team and it ended by a failure. At least Sebastian Čederle saved our asses winning our only medal there in the boys skills challenge competition

Well according to the ranking they’ll be in the hunt for a bronze medal, and maybe even a chance at the final. :SVK could have chosen a men’s team still, but I don’t think they were looking forward to playing the US, Canada, Finland, and Russia.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Alright, this is some old news, but it seems I forgot to post it as well. Here is the official medal design for the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics

D8367870-3979-4EB2-A976-A00C3D339D8B.jpeg

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Alright, this is some old news, but it seems I forgot to post it as well. Here is the official medal design for the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics

D8367870-3979-4EB2-A976-A00C3D339D8B.jpeg

It’s not super creative, but there just didn’t some to be a lot of amazing entires in the “design a medal” contest this time around

I like the medals. Nothing too weird or fancy or hipster, just simple and relatively clean :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

IDK if this is a mistake, but the FIS has listed :COL as interested in a ski jumping quota :hyper: (though no ski jumper is in their biographies list from Colombia).

This reminds me when FIS had listed :CMR being qualified in freestyle skiing in 2012...

Just now, intoronto said:

IDK if this is a mistake, but the FIS has listed :COL as interested in a ski jumping quota :hyper: (though no ski jumper is in their biographies list from Colombia).

This reminds me when FIS had listed :CMR being qualified in freestyle skiing in 2012...

I did notice this when looking through the lists a while back. There were quite a few countries with odd interests from what I remember. :COL could have also been looking for a slopestyle quota and got lost in translation.

I did notice this when looking through the lists a while back. There were quite a few countries with odd interests from what I remember. :COL could have also been looking for a slopestyle quota and got lost in translation.

Something like this must be it, I really, really can't imagine Colombia having a ski jumper in Lausanne. I'd be thrilled if I'm wrong though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Something like this must be it, I really, really can't imagine Colombia having a ski jumper in Lausanne. I'd be thrilled if I'm wrong though.

Well they’ve already allocated most of the quotas and :COL hasn’t received one and they’re not on the reallocation list. I’d just say it was a mistake.