website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

Just now, hckosice said:

Maybe that is only one main channel, and OC will offer one or more others as well...

or maybe I am still believing in fairy tales

We're going to believe - or at the very least hope - in fairytales together man. Seeing this schedule gave me a shitty start of the day, I was/am really looking forward to seeing those sports that aren't on there..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Maybe that is only one main channel, and OC will offer one or more others as well...

or maybe I am still believing in fairy tales

That was posted by the OC. It seems pretty concrete. I’m 90% certain that’s all they’ll show live. I’m hoping for three possible scenarios 1) the streaming schedule is amended 2) some events are upload as full replays 3) Swiss/French TV choose to broadcast more events. I’d say there’s a 50% chance of any of those three happening.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

They're going to livestream freaking medal ceremonies every day, but can't be bothered to stream winter classics like biathlon or cross country skiing? I had significantly higher hopes for a Youth Olympics in Switzerland.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They're going to livestream freaking medal ceremonies every day, but can't be bothered to stream winter classics like biathlon or cross country skiing? I had significantly higher hopes for a Youth Olympics in Switzerland.

While technically streaming more, they’re actually streaming less in my opinion. Almost every sport was shown in 2016, and quite enjoyed it. There won’t be much to enjoy this time around as I’m not a huge fan of figure skating. Curling and Ice Hockey are cool, but they’re not my favorites. At least I have slopestyle and short track.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I think Eurosport/Discovery has some rights for Europe, as for the "adult" Olympics. We should see more through Player or in the official broadcasters. BTW - I have nothing against watching more curling :)

Not if last year was any indication, Eurosport had zero for the Youth Olympics. I think we're overestimating how many broadcasters are interested in showing something like this.

And yes, not much against curling, but I find it highly unfair to have so much attention for it (and figure skating and ice hockey) when a boatload of core Olympic sports are entirely ignored, literally.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Not if last year was any indication, Eurosport had zero for the Youth Olympics. I think we're overestimating how many broadcasters are interested in showing something like this.

And yes, not much against curling, but I find it highly unfair to have so much attention for it (and figure skating and ice hockey) when a boatload of core Olympic sports are entirely ignored, literally.

Ice Hockey is the winter Olympics core and phare sport.

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Ice Hockey is the winter Olympics core and phare sport.

One of them, yes. I didn't say all core sports were ignored, since arguably number one, alpine skiing, is being streamed :p It's just pathetic they ignore so much.