website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

12 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

How much further is California from Lausanne than Poland? :p Just one?

As I said, the box looks suspicious as hell, so I wouldn’t blame the customs people for holding it up and taking a look :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Seems I spoke too soon :p

Found something waiting in a box on my doorstep after I got home from college today 

FBFCD425-94EC-44B4-ACA3-E5CBA28E2E69.jpeg

The bag is a bit bigger than I expected. It’s a full on rainproof backpack really. The bag seems like a good, high quality bag. Logo/Olympic Rings on front and back. A nice little prize for sure. Pretty cool all-in-all.  

It comes in what is possible the shifty looking box of all-time :p

Box is labeled with a letter that features a small green line on it. Wording should be in French.

Honestly I am kinda disappointed since there is no letter from Lausanne 2020 which I can put in a frame :p

29 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Honestly I am kinda disappointed since there is no letter from Lausanne 2020 which I can put in a frame :p

You got yours too then? Yeah, I was hoping some sort of letter, badge, pin, or something too. To be fair, it’s a nice bag (and it will be very helpful in wet weather since I inline skate to school) so I can’t really complain.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

You got yours too then? Yeah, I was hoping some sort of letter, badge, pin, or something too. To be fair, it’s a nice bag (and it will be very helpful in wet weather since I inline skate to school) so I can’t really complain.

Yes I have, I had to pick it up from the central post office yesterday due to new shitty regulations.

3 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Yes I have, I had to pick it up from the central post office yesterday due to new shitty regulations.

Pretty sure I follow you, probably should have seen that tweet :facepalm:

@Olympian1010 @Griff88 - no adventures with customs office? Lucky you. The bag is already in my post office, but I need to wait for it a little bit and give them a bunch of papers I don't have like... confirmation of payment. Fuck Polish burocracy.

Edited by Vojthas

11 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

@Olympian1010 @Griff88 - no adventures with customs office? Lucky you. The bag is already in my post office, but I need to wait for it a little bit and give them a bunch of papers I don't have like... confirmation of payment. Fuck Polish burocracy.

Lol lemme tell you my story:

I delayed the retrieving for 2 days because the customs imposed heavy tax and I studied the regulations to make sure I'm not being scammed by the customs. Turns out the amount was correct.

To make things worse, if the bag arrived a day earlier the old tax regulations will be still in force and it will be like 20-25% cheaper.

Shit, quiz winners should be exempt from tax. I feel like I'm not winning, it's more like I'm buying this bag on discount. But since I had to stay until 1 AM to win this (while being sick), I decided to take it

I didn’t have problems with customs or tax. Guess the US ain’t so bad then :p

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Quite a pretty baby, isn't she?

bag.jpg

Yep, I have my displayed in my room next to my media credentials and Volunteer shirts. I actually used it the other day because it was raining on my way to school.