website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I have to apologize, but I’m not able to event preview for tomorrow, so I’m sorry about that. Switching my sleep schedule as taken a bit of toll on me, and I need some time to relax tonight.

Out of curiosity, has anyone been reading the articles I post, or am I pretty much just wasting time with those?

I read the speed skating and biathlon, since I don't care much about figure skating I probably won't read those :p

I only had a tiny remark or two:

The format of the single mixed relay meant the lead changed hands at every exchange. Shooting well was critical to a good result, since missed targets resulted in penalty loops.

That's basically like saying "skiing fast is critical to a good result in alpine skiing" or "climbing well is critical on a big climb in road cycling". It has nothing to do with this format, it's simply a part of the sport. Plus the first sentence makes it sound like the format meant the lead changed at every exchange, but that's not the case. It sometimes happens, it sometimes doesn't.

Mind you, those are only small things, I thought the articles were excellent to read :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I read the speed skating and biathlon, since I don't care much about figure skating I probably won't read those :p

I only had a tiny remark or two:

That's basically like saying "skiing fast is critical to a good result in alpine skiing" or "climbing well is critical on a big climb in road cycling". It has nothing to do with this format, it's simply a part of the sport. Plus the first sentence makes it sound like the format meant the lead changed at every exchange, but that's not the case. It sometimes happens, it sometimes doesn't.

Mind you, those are only small things, I thought the articles were excellent to read :) 

Thanks for the feed back :yes. I try to write the articles so anyone can understand what’s happening in that event, so that’s why I’d say something like that. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Silver medal for Ot Ferrer, just after Rocco Baldini! 3rd medal for Spain, which is quite impressive considering we didn't win a single one in 2012 and 2016.

Edit: Finally, bronze. The other Italian guy has finished 2nd.

Edited by Cobi

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Usa has its first medal

I feel for :CAN. They really should’ve had a medal today.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Thanks for the feed back :yes. I try to write the articles so anyone can understand what’s happening in that event, so that’s why I’d say something like that. 

Yes, writing well is critical to having a good article :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!