website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

Interesting result in women's super G, sadly results at youth olympic games are a far worse predictor for future success than results at junior world championships. Just as the guy from Morocco who won gold in the super G in 2012 or the guy from Japan who won silver in the giant slalom in 2016.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

For most sports I could give you an answer, but for Alpine Skiing I’m in the dark. If that girl from :NZL hadn’t been injured, she would have been the heavy favorite.

Seriously? I couldn't even find start lists for biathlon/cross-country/speed skating/ski jumping yet and you are telling me that you know who the favorites are?

Let's hear it! :d

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

27 minutes ago, phelps said:

Switzerland in women's Super-G :pope::p:rofl:

Yes, obviously ... my prediction would have been Switzerland ahead of Israel and France, but i wasn't sure ... Szollos wasn't quite as agressive as she usually is, which cost her the gold medal, while Klopfenstein as usually had a great technique and deservedly won the gold medal.

Edited by OlympicsFan

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, maybe that's true in some cases, but when they denied FIL and St.Moritz Track to use their always in place streaming service to integrate the OBS pictures for what concerns the Bob/Skeleton/Luge events, they did show their real nature and their real lack of interest in making the event as much "global" as they could...

I watched some non-World Cup races from St. Moritz, and it is basically few static cameras with an awful image qualify. Probably IOC preferred to have nothing over something amateurish like that. :p

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

So Israel won a bronze?

Yes! When was the last time that Israel was top 3 in a medal table at the olympics? :mumble:

Edited by OlympicsFan

Em 06/01/2020 em 23:47, Olympian1010 disse:

Taynara Da Silva will race both Biathlon and Cross Country @heywoodu. Maybe @brunamoura can give me a good scouting report about her and some of the other “exotic” biathletes?

I don't know exactly what I could write about them. But if you want any specific informations, I think I can help :)

Some of the posts on here show a real lack of misinformation, and it pisses me off, since I feel like I’ve put quite a bit into this thread.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

Meanwhile at the IOC Session, the Lausanne 2020 rep said that "we will make sure to deliver the fantastic Games"

Yes... by not showing the first medal event :p

Not their choice. The OBS is host broadcast for these games, and they made the call what to show.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Ok, the super-G is not even close to one minute.

Reveal hidden contents

As I said posted, said, and written in the preview; the Alpine Skiing course have had to be shorten due to heavy rain on the lower part of the course last week.