website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

My good pal @Vojthas wishes to take all of you on a lovely tour of the Lausanne 2020 venues: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1170

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Reminder that there’s a live trivia game today @Wumo @Griff88 @Vojthas

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

51 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Terrible news from Lausanne on the eve of the Opening Ceremony..

Performer fighting for her life after Lausanne 2020 Opening Ceremony dress rehearsal accident

I’m in a group with some of the journalists covering the games, and Lausanne2020 hasn’t given a response to an inquiry about the state of the performer. I believe she is okay, but I’ll update (and write a story on our website) when I get more info.

Looks like most of the events will be shown live on YouTube! I don’t dislike they OC, but YouTube’s platform is just better. 

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m in a group with some of the journalists covering the games, and Lausanne2020 hasn’t given a response to an inquiry about the state of the performer. I believe she is okay, but I’ll update (and write a story on our website) when I get more info.

Thanks.  I hope this doesn't turn into a Vancouver 2010 situation where the Opening Ceremony takes a backseat to the news of someone's passing in the host city.

Quick reminder about the prediction contest, it would be nice to see a few more entries before the games get underway.