website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

Just now, intoronto said:

Final ski mountaineering quotas via the IF

Cattura-1.jpg

Yes those have published for a few months. We posted them on an earlier page :evil:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Woops lol :thumbup:

All good :yes. Never do it again or your gone :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The torch lighting ceremony from Athens will be live here:

I don’t know the exact, but it will happen on September 17

21 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

10 AM CET

But, for Zeus' sake, why not Olympia?

The Youth Olympic flame ceremony has always taken place in Athens. I think it’s just a cost saving measure for the Greeks because it’s takes the government a lot of time to plan the actual Olympic flame lightings. Tokyo 2020 will be in March or April most likely. 

Detailed schedule courtesy of the Austrian Olympic Committee: https://www.olympia.at/download/files/{1D2A99FA-05B7-429E-AD48-927A41751D43}/Lausanne_2020_-_Training_and_Competition_Schedule_September_2019.pdf

The formatting is weird, but I do believe that this is the really schedule.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Detailed schedule courtesy of the Austrian Olympic Committee: https://www.olympia.at/download/files/{1D2A99FA-05B7-429E-AD48-927A41751D43}/Lausanne_2020_-_Training_and_Competition_Schedule_September_2019.pdf

The formatting is weird, but I do believe that this is the really schedule.

Oh! The Ice Hockey teams are on here as well. Here is the quota allocation, followed by a breakdown.

Men’s Team:

:CAN Canada

:DEN Denmark

:FIN Finland

:RUS Russian Federation

:SUI Switzerland

:USA United States

Women’s Team:

:CZE Czech Republic

:GER Germany

:JPN Japan 

:SVK Slovakia

:SWE Sweden

:SUI Switzerland 

Allocation Breakdown:

On 31/07/2019 at 13:12, Olympian1010 said:

Ice Hockey qualification is known now. The way it works is that :SUI gets a team in both genders. Then the top 10 teams in the youth world ranking get to choose whether they send a boys team or a girls team. Both tournaments will feature 6 teams. If the top 5 in the world ranking all choose to send a boys team, then the other countries can only send a girls team (should they choose to participate). At the end of the qualification period, the rankings were as the following:

1. :USA (M)

2. :SWE (W)

3. :CAN (M)

4. :RUS (M)

5. :FIN (M)

6. :CZE (W)

7. Thrown out (host country) (already given quotas) :SUI (M) (W)

8. :SVK (W)

9. :GER (W)

10. :JPN (W)

11. :DEN (M)

First in line for reallocation should any of the top 10 not choose to send a team:

12. :FRA

13. :NOR

14. :AUT

15. :HUN

It looks like you’ll be cheering for the :SVK girls @hckosice. I’d love to see a :CZE v. :SVK Gold Medal Match.

The biggest surprise by far is :DEN getting a boys team. I guess that’ll give @Agger and @Wumo an excuse to watch ice Hockey :d.

Personally I wanted the US to go with the girls, but of well. Hopefully we can beat Finland, Canada, and Russia.

It would have been fun to see France, too bad they couldn’t manage to get a few more points.