web
analytics
Olympian1010

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

SUI.gif Lausanne (SUI) - 9 January 2020 - 22 January 2020 SUI.gif

162447vgtgugwdbw7d0lvc.png

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Does anyone know where I can find the Marc Holder Trophy standing for the Junior Nordic Skiing World Championships?

People, it's Marc Hodler, not Mark Holder :p 

@heywoodu @hckosice @dcro @Dragon I’m interested to hear your opinions on the qualification methods and events for the YOG? I feel like this format is way, way better (besides ice hockey :crazy:) than the Summer YOG

48 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@heywoodu @hckosice @dcro @Dragon I’m interested to hear your opinions on the qualification methods and events for the YOG? I feel like this format is way, way better (besides ice hockey :crazy:) than the Summer YOG

The only thing I know about the qualification is that for both Brazil and Australia a biathlete at this year's world junior championships is going to try and qualify a spot for someone else :p

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The only thing I know about the qualification is that for both Brazil and Australia a biathlete at this year's world junior championships is going to try and qualify a spot for someone else :p

Sir, the qualification criteria (overview) is literally 6 posts up. #lazywoodu

Ok, so If I’ve read the qualification documents properly, and if the FIS or national federations do some weird crap. The following countries should be guaranteed the following quotas:

Cross Country (Each country below receives 3 male and 3 female quotas, based on the Marc Hodler Trophy or as Host):

:SUI:AUT:CZE:FIN:FRA:GER:ITA:NOR:POL:RUS:USA

Ski Jumping (Each country below receives 2 male and 2 female quotas, based on the Marc Hodler Trophy or as Host):

:SUI:AUT:FRA:GER:ITA:JPN:KAZ:NOR:POL:RUS:SLO

Nordic Combined (Each country below receives 2 male and 2 female quotas, based on the Marc Hodler Trophy or as Host):

:SUI:AUT:FIN:FRA:GER:ITA:JPN:NOR:RUS:SLO:USA

The rest of the quotas in these disciplines will be filled by the YOG Quota List/Ranking to be posted on December 9, 2019.

From what I can tell the following nations should a awarded quotas (1 Male and 1 Female) in Ski Mountaineering based on their overall cadet rankings in continental Championships in 2018.

:AUT:CAN:CHN:FRA:IRI:ITA:ESP:SUI:USA (the US has already announced it will turn down the quotas (not offical yet though))

The rest of the Ski Mountaineering quotas will be distributed at the 2019 World Championships.