website statistics

Pacific Games 2019

Totallympics

25 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Isn't it going to be broadcast in Olympic channel?

Well that was the deal, but they’re not advertising on there yet, and the games start in half a day...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Yeah I also can't find it in their upcoming events.

I sent them an email about it, and the event instantly appeared in the events section. I still can’t see any upcoming streams, but the opening ceremony is today in Samoa at 18:30 local time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I sent them an email about it, and the event instantly appeared in the events section. I still can’t see any upcoming streams, but the opening ceremony is today in Samoa at 18:30 local time.

The schedule of live-streams is now available too :d. I will post a timetable for those interested

I'm looking forward to the day gymnastics will be included in the program. I'm not hopeful for artistic gymnastics, of course. It would be amazing if they ever consider parkour in the future. Neither Australia nor New Zealand have a strong background in parkour, so all of the Pacific nations could start on the same level. Let's hope for the next edition.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

I'm looking forward to the day gymnastics will be included in the program. I'm not hopeful for artistic gymnastics, of course. It would be amazing if they ever consider parkour in the future. Neither Australia nor New Zealand have a strong background in parkour, so all of the Pacific nations could start on the same level. Let's hope for the next edition.

Well Parkour Australia is part of Parkour Earth, the real, but yet unrecognized, international federation for Parkour, so there would already be complications. I could see Rhythmic Gymnastics on the program one day, or maybe Aerobic. I think it will be a long time before anyone ever suggests putting gymnastics in the Pacific Games though.

44 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well Parkour Australia is part of Parkour Earth, the real, but yet unrecognized, international federation for Parkour, so there would already be complications. I could see Rhythmic Gymnastics on the program one day, or maybe Aerobic. I think it will be a long time before anyone ever suggests putting gymnastics in the Pacific Games though.

American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Tonga recently joined FIG (this year, I guess, or last year), so it's not impossible for gymnastics to be added soon to the program. It's only a matter of which discipline(s).

Rhythmics? I don't see it mostly because of the price of the apparatus. But Australia and New Zealand are terrible at rhythmics, so the smaller nations might have it in the future. Aerobics is a lot cheaper, but Australia and New Zealand are very far ahead of the rest of the competition, so I believe they would never be allowed to compete.

Parkour will probably be included at the Olympics before 2032, so it would be better for federations to stop fighting and prepare their gymnasts as soon as possible.

Edited by thiago_simoes

Link to the opening ceremony live feed on the website: https://www.samoa2019.ws/news/opening-ceremony/

Begins in a few hours

Edited by Olympian1010

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The schedule of live-streams is now available too :d. I will post a timetable for those interested

Can you post when archery will be streamed???  That’s the only sport I care about because of Olympic quotas. :d

4 minutes ago, bmo said:

Can you post when archery will be streamed???  That’s the only sport I care about because of Olympic quotas. :d

Yep. It will streamed starting on Day 2 (Monday in the US, though it still appears as a Tuesday stream on the Olympic Channel). The streams on the Olympic Channel start around 3:30 PCT and go for about 8 hours each day. 

If you have access to VPN then I think you’ll be able to watch directly on the games website. 

I’ll @ you with more info tomorrow.