website statistics

Pacific Games 2019

Totallympics

We may see some new teams in the future:

@ahjfcshfghb

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

We may see some new teams in the future:

@ahjfcshfghb

Ha. I was behind the Pitcairn Islands one. All I did though was send a few emails to their government and the PGC asking about the possibility (in theory). Far as I know they do have young people who could compete in some sports (on-island and off) and they seemed interested when I talked to them. However, haven’t heard from them lately and I’m not sure they’ll end up applying. It’s hard to keep up a correspondence on Pitcairn, even though email.

5 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Ha. I was behind the Pitcairn Islands one. All I did though was send a few emails to their government and the PGC asking about the possibility (in theory). Far as I know they do have young people who could compete in some sports (on-island and off) and they seemed interested when I talked to them. However, haven’t heard from them lately and I’m not sure they’ll end up applying. It’s hard to keep up a correspondence on Pitcairn, even though email.

There’s rumors that Hawaii and (I may be wrong here) Christmas Island May also be exploring joining the games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 16/07/2019 at 19:05, Olympian1010 said:

They’re also not huge fans of Laurel Hubbard. The newspaper’s lead story is a harsh piece about her and the opinion section has transphobic written all over it.

They're really not the only ones, understandably. Although that's an entirely separate discussion :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They're really not the only ones, understandably. Although that's an entirely separate discussion :p 

Still there should be some class shown here. We can debate her status without using slurs and leading a crusade against her.

Edited by Olympian1010

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s rumors that Hawaii and (I may be wrong here) Christmas Island May also be exploring joining the games.

I think the PGC wanted to invite Christmas Island but due to the distance there isn’t any interest.

So there’s a strong chance (not certain because the Gold results only show the first 3 rounds) that a male :NIU golfer finished over +100 for the tournament.

So I’ve now been able to confirm all the sports that were broadcast at the 2019 Pacific Games. I don’t know when the replays will be uploaded, but I will publish my official Games Summary PDF when they are. The summary will include general information, participation nations, (hopefully) complete results, Replays, Highlights, and the Medal Table.