website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2019

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Dahlmeier is the best female talent we have seen in a long time (probably since Neuner), but she is not on the level of Boe.

You could probably argue that she is, because unlike Boe, she already has an overall crystal globe as well as is dominating every major event that she attends in a highly competitive field of women. On top of that, she would have probably won 2017-18 as well, if she didn't miss Ostersund. She also missed a ton of races in 2014/15, 2015/16 and this season too, her biggest enemy is her health.

We can also add to the discussion with Dahlmeier having 4 WCH ind. golds + 3 WCH relay gold as well as additional 6 WCH medals, two Olympic golds.

With Johannes still at 2  WCH ind. golds + 1 WCH relay hold, additional 6 WCH medals (3 from relay) and 1 Olympic gold.

With Dahlmeier always missing 30% of the programme, so I wouldn't put Johannes above her in the talent department, I think they're both equally talented.

3 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I wonder the longevity of Dahlmeier career.  She is an incredible talent, but can not seem to stay healthy.  

She stated herself that she is not planning to have a long sports career. She was dubbed the new Neuner and is already planning a Neuner-ish exit.

Il y a 17 heures , Werloc a déclaré:

So, since we sparked the discussion, I thought I would look this up for funsies:

How many junior category medalists we actually lost in Biathlon since 2009/10 season

Nikita Lobastov (Russia) - individual bronze (quit in 2018)

Kirill Streltsov (Russia) - sprint silver (quit in 2018)

A lot of these cases, the juniors dropped the sport mostly after the junior championships, some of them trying a couple of IBU races. A lot of Russians and Norwegians, I think some might have quit since it's very hard making the team and most of others left the sport, because it was their hobby and they did not want that as a career after university. Lastly, a lot of them are medalists from the individual race. Sidenote: Tom Barth looked like he had a lot of potential.

Nikita Lobastov hasn't retired, he actually won a medal two days ago in the individual :mumble:

If my calculations are right Belarus' Mikita Labastau is in reality ... Russia's Nikita Lobastov :yikes:

2 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Nikita Lobastov hasn't retired, he actually won a medal two days ago in the individual :mumble:

If my calculations are right Belarus' Mikita Labastau is in reality ... Russia's Nikita Lobastov :yikes:

Holy shit, you're right. Birthday April 19th for both. That's some handy detective work, also a bit creepy as well that he had to change his name.

il y a 2 minutes, Werloc a déclaré:

Holy shit, you're right. Birthday April 19th for both. That's some handy detective work, also a bit creepy as well that he had to change his name.

That's pretty usual I guess given the tiny differences between Russian and Belarussian way of spelling the names ... this is a simple transliteration 

But I don't get why they came to create a new form, registering his older self as "non active". I don't reckon this has been applied to any other cross-border athlete 

2 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

That's pretty usual I guess given the tiny differences between Russian and Belarussian way of spelling the names ... this is a simple transliteration 

But I don't get why they came to create a new form, registering his older self as "non active". I don't reckon this has been applied to any other cross-border athlete 

Yeah, that's another good question. Perhaps Russia didn't want him to have hobbies anymore after he quit to Belarus :mumble:

Juste maintenant , Werloc a déclaré:

Yeah, that's another good question. Perhaps Russia didn't want him to have hobbies anymore after he quit to Belarus :mumble:

You're completely rebooted when crossing the border ... from books and music to cars and girl :p