website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Swimming and Golf have both pulled out of the 2022 European Championships. I expected the European Championships model to lash much longer than this. I’d never thought I’d reach the day where the European Games had a higher chance of success than the European Championships :yikes:

Thanks for bringing me some good news for a good day end/beginning (yes, I've lost control on my biological clock once again).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m surprised they’ve only just made this official. I believe we’re just over a year out from the scheduled dates. The dates are already an issue too since they conflict with the World Combat Games in Kazakhstan!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

2021 Games of Small State of Europe will be postponed.

It’s official. 2021 is worse than 2020. There’s literally zero multi-sports games left besides an Olympic that might not happen. At least 2022 will be epic :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m surprised they’ve only just made this official. I believe we’re just over a year out from the scheduled dates. The dates are already an issue too since they conflict with the World Combat Games in Kazakhstan!

Yeah we have too many Games now :lol: 

Just now, Griff88 said:

Yeah we have too many Games now :lol: 

There will never be enough games :d

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s official. 2021 is worse than 2020. There’s literally zero multi-sports games left besides an Olympic that might not happen. At least 2022 will be epic :(

The GSSE could be postponed in autumn 2021. If will be decided in the next month.

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

The GSSE could be postponed in autumn 2021. If will be decided in the next month.

Let’s hope they go with that :d

15 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Bangkok-Chonburi AIMAG 2021 host agreement signing ceremony

3281d982a39da4de816ac347230586c5.jpg

Since OCA is still tight-lipped on Asian Winter Games, it looks like we can expect there won't be AWG in super congested 2021

24 sports have made the final program for the games: Indoor athletics, cue sports, bowling, dancesport, chess, futsal, roller sports, sport climbing, short-course swimming (25m), muay, jujitsu, BMX, hoop takraw/sepak takraw, kurash, floorball, netball, taekwondo, indoor hockey, karate, e-sports, badminton (three events), pencak silat, cheerleading, sambo, indoor rowing.

This will be the first ever inclusion on any form of the Asian Games for Cheerleading, Floorball, Netball, and Indoor Rowing. 

I quite like the sports program honestly. The AIMAG are fun because you often get to see a lot of sports you don’t see at other multi-sports games outside of the SEA Games or World Games. The influence of the World Combat Games can be felt as there will only be 5 combat sports on the program. I’m looking forward to the games as a nice return to international sports. Plus, it’s nice to have something before the Olympics after what probably be close to a year without any multi-sports games.