website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

By the way, if anyone happens to have some old spectator guides, ticketing guides, broadcast schedules, qualification systems, etc. sitting around on your computer (or other devices), I’d gladly accept a copy. I’m nearly done with international multi-sport games results from 2009-present (at least based off what I can find, and there’s not many places results could be hiding from me at this point), and so I’m focusing on building up other parts of archive/collection now.

I think you need to list them :evil:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

The ones you've already had..

But yeah I dont really care about spectator guides and ticketing guides, sadly

Oh, I can do that tomorrow (I’m just about to go to sleep right now).

I like spectator guides because they often have nice write ups about local places. They generally included a competition schedule and explanation of sports. Plus there’s always some other fun stuff too.

The reason I like ticket guides is because it like to see if I could have afforded to attend the games. For instance, Ashgabat 2017 tickets would have cost me $2.25-$5.00USD for most sessions. You could have bought a ticket to that spectacular opening ceremony for like $20USD.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Great news for the World Games 2022: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1093363/venues-confirmed-for-2021-world-games

They’ll hold their venues, sponsorships, and broadcast deals. This gives me such relief and hope these games will happen. I’m still a little worried about the organization of the games, but I’m feeling very relieved that they might still happen.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Vojthas said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this about a bid race, but Doha is clearly the better candidate.

I agree with Michael Pavit on this one. I kinda wish India, The Philippines, and Uzbekistan had gone ahead with their planned bids. I wouldn’t be shocked to find out that some were “asked” (with a large sum of money) to leave the race...