website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

I do agree that we'll have such 2 boring years with sport no multi sport games,  no World championships except maybe for handball hopefully it won't postpone :p MP and karate which's supposed to take place in October!  Until euro 2021 we'll only have handball to look at and football leagues talking about summer sports ofc :d

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, thepharoah said:

I do agree that we'll have such 2 boring years with sport no multi sport games,  no World championships except maybe for handball hopefully it won't postpone :p MP and karate which's supposed to take place in October!  Until euro 2021 we'll only have handball to look at and football leagues talking about summer sports ofc :d

Only if all you care about is major tournaments :p Without multi-sports games, football and major tournaments/championships there is simply still an enormous amount of sports to watch for the regular fan if things get back underway :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Only if all you care about is major tournaments :p Without multi-sports games, football and major tournaments/championships there is simply still an enormous amount of sports to watch for the regular fan if things get back underway :cheer: 

Of course, and I’ll happy for those of you who care about. I just sucks for me that the stuff I care about just won’t comeback soon. 

I just find it hard to be interested in every sport outside the major events. There’s a few sports like climbing, biathlon, short track, canoe where I’ll generally try to follow most of the season, but besides that, there’s just not much I’m interested in.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Of course, and I’ll happy for those of you who care about. I just sucks for me that the stuff I care about just won’t comeback soon. 

I just find it hard to be interested in every sport outside the major events. There’s a few sports like climbing, biathlon, short track, canoe where I’ll generally try to follow most of the season, but besides that, there’s just not much I’m interested in.

Out of curiousity: how do you actually follow those multi-sports events in terms of having a clue about which athletes are good, what to expect in competitions and so on? Plenty of sports one can't realistically follow at a multi-sports event while having a clue of who the actual favourites are without following the regular seasons :p 

It's a little like people entering the prediction pools we've got thousands and thousands of during the Tour de France, without watching any other cycling race in the year, so they base their predictions based off of Wikipedia and are easy to beat :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Out of curiousity: how do you actually follow those multi-sports events in terms of having a clue about which athletes are good, what to expect in competitions and so on? Plenty of sports one can't realistically follow at a multi-sports event while having a clue of who the actual favourites are without following the regular seasons :p 

I do a lot of research, read the sport preview articles that are given to the media for most events, and watch some old events in the days leading up to the games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

What are remaining big events this year? I guess it's no multi sport event but then I can't see many big events this year individually. 

Summer Gymnasiade in China in the Summer, so that will be cancelled. 

Our last hope is the 2020 Asian Beach Games. Those are scheduled to be held in November, so not impossible...

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Summer Gymnasiade in China in the Summer, so that will be cancelled. 

Our last hope is the 2020 Asian Beach Games. Those are scheduled to be held in November, so not impossible...

Even if China does well then also not sure if athletes will want to travel like just imagine their mind - I'm going to China, wait what no I'm scared..