website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

lol I do that a lot. I mean A LOT , the best answer I received was from Thailand NOC, and it was mostly " sorry we can't help you" (even though they also sent some PDFs.) most of them don't even answer back :d specially Iranians :lol:

So these organizations do have these then? Or at least have the ability to access them? 

My biggest fear isn’t that they won’t help, but that they wouldn’t be able to. This is a little reassuring at least. 

Any advice as to who’s more helpful: NOCs, LOCs, the actual data companies, or some one else I haven’t listed?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

So these organizations do have these then? Or at least have the ability to access them? 

My biggest fear isn’t that they won’t help, but that they wouldn’t be able to. This is a little reassuring at least. 

Any advice as to who’s more helpful: NOCs, LOCs, the actual data companies, or some one else I haven’t listed?

we are talking about two different things, I'm mostly looking for old reports, (and you told me you are interested in games after 2008) no computer at the time, most of them are "books" and someone had to turn then into PDF (apparently nobody did)

I'm sure the Iranian NOC has most of those old reports but they are not in PDF, they are hard copies . I had been to Iran NOC academy library, probably few metres away from them but they didn't let me enter. because I had to be a national athlete or I need some kind of paper from one of sport federations :wall:

but recent reports are probably more available at least there is more chance for that, I contacted Thailand NOC about 2005 Asian Indoor Games, they said sorry we don't have it. but wait a minute it seems there are some PDF left in our computer and they sent me some incomplete reports :d (at least they tried to help which I appreciate)

@Olympian1010, @MHSN, if you guys have access to old links where these results were supposed to be, or come across broken/dead links, you can always try to open the links through the Internet Archive (web.archive.org). Through this, and after months exploring obscure forums online, I was able to find all of the results of every stage of the World Cup series in artistic and rhythmic gymnastics since 1999. I also found many results from the rhyrhmic gymnastics Grand Prix series since 1994. I asked FIG for help but they never replied (even after 5 e-mails), but the Internet Archive helped me a great deal and I believe I've found some information even FIG doesn't have anymore. 

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

@Olympian1010, @MHSN, if you guys have access to old links where these results were supposed to be, or come across broken/dead links, you can always try to open the links through the Internet Archive (web.archive.org). Through this, and after months exploring obscure forums online, I was able to find all of the results of every stage of the World Cup series in artistic and rhythmic gymnastics since 1999. I also found many results from the rhyrhmic gymnastics Grand Prix series since 1994. I asked FIG for help but they never replied (even after 5 e-mails), but the Internet Archive helped me a great deal and I believe I've found some information even FIG doesn't have anymore. 

We know :p. We’ve already exhausted that resource. Thanks for the advice though, it is a fantastic resource. I’ve found that gymnastics wiki, and gymnastics archive are some of the better sports communities (in terms of preservation). I’ve come across a few of your Wikipedia entries while we’re talking about this, thanks for helping out the multi-sports wiki team :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, MHSN said:

we are talking about two different things, I'm mostly looking for old reports, (and you told me you are interested in games after 2008) no computer at the time, most of them are "books" and someone had to turn then into PDF (apparently nobody did)

I'm sure the Iranian NOC has most of those old reports but they are not in PDF, they are hard copies . I had been to Iran NOC academy library, probably few metres away from them but they didn't let me enter. because I had to be a national athlete or I need some kind of paper from one of sport federations :wall:

but recent reports are probably more available at least there is more chance for that, I contacted Thailand NOC about 2005 Asian Indoor Games, they said sorry we don't have it. but wait a minute it seems there are some PDF left in our computer and they sent me some incomplete reports :d (at least they tried to help which I appreciate)

Yeah it’s rough. That’s why I have absolute respect for people like you and @Dragon who comb through paper resources as well. 

I think I already told you why, but the reason I start with 2008 is because that’s when PDF technology went into wide use (at least in multi-sports terms, and not 100s MB per sport), and when I can remember my first multi-sports memory (so essentially the “big bang” for international multi-sports games universe :p)

I guess I’ll hit up a few of the NOCs then. I know Turkey, Chinese Taipei, and Portugal love to post PDFs, so maybe I’ll start with them. I’ll email Qatar about the Pan Arab Games to, since they seem like an NOC who’d keep stuff like that (or have contacts that can make things happen for me :p)

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah it’s rough. That’s why I have absolute respect for people like you and @Dragon who comb through paper resources as well. 

I think I already told you why, but the reason I start with 2008 is because that’s when PDF technology went into wide use (at least in multi-sports terms, and not 100s MB per sport), and when I can remember my first multi-sports memory (so essentially the “big bang” for international multi-sports games universe :p)

I guess I’ll hit up a few of the NOCs then. I know Turkey, Chinese Taipei, and Portugal love to post PDFs, so maybe I’ll start with them. I’ll email Qatar about the Pan Arab Games to, since they seem like an NOC who’d keep stuff like that (or have contacts that can make things happen for me :p)

Actually no you didn't tell me the reason, I assumed maybe you think the world began at 2008 :d actually I don't mind the file size. I would even go to a library full of coronavirus to make digital copy myself :d

yes Chinese Taipei NOC is probably a good one, never contacted them myself. because they never host those I'm interested in.

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Actually no you didn't tell me the reason, I assumed maybe you think the world began at 2008 :d actually I don't mind the file size. I would even go to a library full of coronavirus to make digital copy myself :d

yes Chinese Taipei NOC is probably a good one, never contacted them myself. because they never host those I'm interested in.

Unfortunately the one games the hosted I was able to find, so I probably won’t be able to enlist their help. I have to hope the likes of Greece, Qatar, Mexico, Italy, and Brazil pull through, which once again leaves me feeling mostly hopeless about this process.

I too would love to go through the libraries of the IOC, NOCs, and IFs.

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Unfortunately the one games the hosted I was able to find, so I probably won’t be able to enlist their help. I have to hope the likes of Greece, Qatar, Mexico, Italy, and Brazil pull through, which once again leaves me feeling mostly hopeless about this process.

I too would love to go through the libraries of the IOC, NOCs, and IFs.

Are there any results from competitions hosted by Brazil that you want? I'll move back to Rio in 2 months (hopefully) and the National Library is in Rio, so I can go there and look for books with results if you want.

54 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Are there any results from competitions hosted by Brazil that you want? I'll move back to Rio in 2 months (hopefully) and the National Library is in Rio, so I can go there and look for books with results if you want.

2011 Military World Games, but those would been in PDF form for sure. 

I’ll admit that MicroPlus is my least favorite company when it comes to visual look/data layout, but they’re really trying to win my over as my favorite data company. They have this awesome, very user friendly website: http://www.microplus.it/eventi/. Hopefully they’ll be able to help me :fingers:

I don’t know if there’s anything for you on here @MHSN, but I thought I’d tag you just in case. Same goes for any other users who collect results like us.