website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Italy has signed the host contract for the 2023 Winter EYOF. Georgia is the only country to bid for the 2025 Winter EYOF (and the EOC seems rather happy about sending it there)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bidding race for the 2026 Central American and Caribbean Games has begun. There is an actual race since two cities have submitted bids. The candidates are:

León :MEX

Santo Domingo :DOM

Personally I hope Santo Domingo wins, but I wish the best for the Mexican bid too (in hopes that our Mexican users may be able to attend the games). 

Source of info: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1091730/central-american-and-caribbean-games

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Because the majority of us are in quarantine at this point, and without much sports to watch, I’d like some help with the following. I nearing completion of my PDF results collection (based off what’s available online still), but there’s many games I can’t find PDF results for. So if any of you possess any of the following (or know someone who does, or somewhere I can find them), I’d greatly appreciate it if you could share them with me somehow :yes

2009 South American Beach Games

2009 Summer Deaflympics

2009 Mediterranean Games

2009 Summer Universiade

2009 Winter Universiade

2009 Jeux De La Francophonie (Basketball and Judo)

2010 World Combat Games

2010 Central American and Caribbean Games

2010 Winter Military World Games

2010 South American Games

2010 Winter Paralympics

2011 Pan American Games

2011 All-Africa Games

2011 South American Beach Games

2011 Indian Ocean Island Games

2011 Military World Games

2011 Pacific Games

2011 Pan Arab Games

2011 Parapan American Games

2012 Summer Paralympics

2012 Summer Paralympics

2013 Mediterranean Games

2013 Winter Military World Games

2013 World Combat Games

2014 South American Games

2014 Winter Paralympics

2015 African Games

2015 Indian Ocean Island Games

2015 Military World Games

2017 Winter Military World Games

2017 Winter EYOF 

2017 Summer EYOF

2018 Asian Para Games

2018 Central American and Caribbean Games

2019 Winter EYOF

2019 Summer EYOF

Edited by Olympian1010

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Because the majority of us are in quarantine at this point, and without much sports to watch, I’d like some help with the following. I nearing completion of my PDF results collection (based off what’s available online still), but there’s many games I can’t find PDF results for. So if any of you possess any of the following (or know someone who does, or somewhere I can find them), I’d greatly appreciate it if you could share them with me somehow :yes

If I were you I'd write an e-mail to the NOCs of organizers (of course, if that Universiade then to FISU or national university sport federation, if that's military then CISM etc.). And don't worry if they don't answer - when you write the second mail they usually do. ;)

28 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Reminds me of 2019 World Military Games in Wuhan hardly a few months ago. 

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about how crazy that was lately. That was my first though when Coronavirus came about.

50 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

If I were you I'd write an e-mail to the NOCs of organizers (of course, if that Universiade then to FISU or national university sport federation, if that's military then CISM etc.). And don't worry if they don't answer - when you write the second mail they usually do. ;)

Yeah I’ve tried that too. I’ll continue to try, but its so demoralizing.

On 15/03/2020 at 08:56, Olympian1010 said:

Man, I’ve had zero luck. No other collectors, no federations have reached out to help yet, none of the archival services have what I need, and all the websites are no longer active. Talk about demoralizing, at least I still have a few games to work, or else I’d really be stuck with nothing do in quarantine.

Edited by Olympian1010

On 16/03/2020 at 00:17, Vojthas said:

lol I do that a lot. I mean A LOT , the best answer I received was from Thailand NOC, and it was mostly " sorry we can't help you" (even though they also sent some PDFs.) most of them don't even answer back :d specially Iranians :lol:

ps: I usually ask for older reports , so not getting a positive answer is probably more expected

Edited by MHSN