web
analytics
bestmen

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Krakóv, in Poland, will host the 2023 European Games

If they last until then. They are on very thin ice right now. If think the European Championships are on their way to becoming Europe’s major multi-sport event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Happy to see Para Table Tennis return. Beach Volleyball is whatever, it was popular in the Gold Coast, but the strength of commonwealth pairs isn’t great. I’m really excited to see women’s cricket join the program. I really just don’t understand leaving shooting off the program. It’s one of the most competitive commonwealth sports, and it’s a historic competitive, just a bad and sad move on the organizing committees part.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

For those of us who loved Ski Orienteering at the 2019 Winter Universiade I have good news. Ski Orienteering was officially added to the 2021 Winter Universiade sports program yesterday!

So as I said before it’s been a weird week for me, and I’ve found myself getting really excited for the 2019 Pacific Games. Well looking around I saw that the 2023 games had been awarded to the Solomon Islands (bad choice, especially over Tahiti in my opinion), and I’ve noticed a few funny things in their bid documents. First off the first 10-15 pages are all official messages from politicians :p; and then we get to the sports program. The Solomon Islands plan to host Football, Futsal, and Beach Soccer I’m the same games :yikes:. They also plan to have a huge sports program. I feel like this is going to kill the country (75% of citizens are subsistence farmers).

The logo for the EYOF 2021 is out. The games were originally supposed to be host by Košice (who also won the bid selection) but for political senseless internal municipal BS bitchfighting between the old and new city deputees and mayors the whole games were moved to the central Slovakian city of Banská Bystrica

image.png

Siekel%20Nosko%20Kor%C4%8Dok.jpg?itok=hv

• Like 1

Turin will do a bid for host the 2025 Winter Olympics

6 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Turin will do a bid for host the 2025 Winter Olympics

You mean universiade?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

You mean universiade?

Yes sorry:facepalm:I should stop to write on Totallympics after work :p

the approvale sports for the Mediterranean games 2021

Athlétisme, Badminton, Basketball (3x3), Rafle avec les Boules, Boxe (hommes), Cyclisme, Escrime, Football, Gymnastique, Haltérophilie, Handball, Judo, Karaté, Lutte, Natation, Sport équestre, Taekwondo, Tennis, Tennis de table, Tir, Tir à l’arc, Voile, Volley-ball et Waterpolo