website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

We could use something like The Forum, Dolby Theatre, or any assortment of college stadiums. Anaheim is pippin’ right now by the way. That’s where the sports and arts scene is in LA right now. They been hosting more and more international sports. The convention center there is very nice. They also have a 10,000-15,000 seat indoor arena there too. We clearly do need the additional multi-sports games, but I want them :d.

I remember when Rams had to settle in Anaheim because they were drawing dead in LA and it still didn't work. There's just too much in-house competition in LA for anything like PanAm or Youth Games to have a shot of being a sell-out success IMO.

I'm shocked The Forum is still operational, it's been 20 years since Lakers left? The colleges are all doing mighty fine inside the NCAA system, they don't really need these test events IMO.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I remember when Rams had to settle in Anaheim because they were drawing dead in LA and it still didn't work. There's just too much in-house competition in LA for anything like PanAm or Youth Games to have a shot of being a sell-out success IMO.

I'm shocked The Forum is still operational, it's been 20 years since Lakers left? The colleges are all doing mighty fine inside the NCAA system, they don't really need these test events IMO.

Yeah The Forum still hosts concerts rather regularly. There’s also big Venues of that caliber in Ontario, Anaheim, Irvine, Long Beach (The Pyramid :wub:), and UCLA. We also have the Stub Hub Center where the Galaxy play, and the new stadium where LAFC play. There’s also the USC Arena that will host badminton in 2028. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah The Forum still hosts concerts rather regularly. There’s also big Venues of that caliber in Ontario, Anaheim, Irvine, Long Beach (The Pyramid :wub:), and UCLA. We also have the Stub Hub Center where the Galaxy play, and the new stadium where LAFC play. There’s also the USC Arena that will host badminton in 2028. 

The new stadium in Inglewood will probably be hosting more than just Rams/Chargers games in the future? Unless Kroenke tells everyone to bugger off or demands too much leasing money :p

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The new stadium in Inglewood will probably be hosting more than just Rams/Chargers games in the future? Unless Kroenke tells everyone to bugger off or demands too much leasing money :p

It’s already slated to host the opening ceremonies in 2028. LA wants to be the first city to have two stadium hosting the opening ceremonies at the same time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It’s already slated to host the opening ceremonies in 2028. LA wants to be the first city to have two stadium hosting the opening ceremonies at the same time.

What's the point of this anyway? :lol:  They could alternate opening & closing ceremonies between the two stadiums but the same one on both of them? Kroenke's ego must be frickin' hilarious (there's a vague chance he won't live that far though :pope: ).

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

What's the point of this anyway? :lol:  They could alternate opening & closing ceremonies between the two stadiums but the same one on both of them? Kroenke's ego must be frickin' hilarious (there's a vague chance he won't live that far though :pope: ).

I have no clue what the plans are, as it is still just under 9 years away (!), but I trust the LA2028 OC.

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Ah the sad Hambantota...

I was hyped af when they planned to host other higher tier Games.

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I just hope we actually get an Asian Winter Games this cycle. There’s never been a better time for them in my opinion.