website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

One is the Summer EYOF in Slovakia. I don’t see a reason to move this event, it’s for youth athletes anyway. Plus, the EOC don’t make a lot of revenue off the EYOF anyway

already announced they will move it to another date

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITG dropping a lot of (at least to my knowledge) unconfirmed information about the 2021 Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in this article.

Apparently the dates have been set: April 24 - May 5 (which oddly enough conflicts with the World Combat Games scheduled to take place in Kazakhstan next year, that features some of the same sports (and would probably feature many of the same athletes)). 

Sports Program has also been decided: Bowling, Cue Sports (Billiard Sports), Dancesport, e-Sports, Floorball, Futsal, Indoor Athletics, Muaythai (what a surprise :p), Netball, Sepaktakraw, Short Course Swimming (25m pool), and Taekwondo. I don’t know if this is the final program because the sports program has not yet been officially confirmed by the OCA (at least to my knowledge). 

Oceanian NOCs will be invited to participate once again (I do think this has been confirmed by the OCA). 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

ITG dropping a lot of (at least to my knowledge) unconfirmed information about the 2021 Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in this article.

Apparently the dates have been set: April 24 - May 5 (which oddly enough conflicts with the World Combat Games scheduled to take place in Kazakhstan next year, that features some of the same sports (and would probably feature many of the same athletes)). 

Sports Program has also been decided: Bowling, Cue Sports (Billiard Sports), Dancesport, e-Sports, Floorball, Futsal, Indoor Athletics, Muaythai (what a surprise :p), Netball, Sepaktakraw, Short Course Swimming (25m pool), and Taekwondo. I don’t know if this is the final program because the sports program has not yet been officially confirmed by the OCA (at least to my knowledge). 

Oceanian NOCs will be invited to participate once again (I do think this has been confirmed by the OCA). 

This would mark netball's debut outside a CWG's. Nice chance for Sri Lanka to win a gold..

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

This would mark netball's debut outside a CWG's. Nice chance for Sri Lanka to win a gold..

If Oceania nations participate then Australia and New Zealand will battle for gold. Even if they don't compete I'd take Fiji/Samoa over anyone from Asia.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Good luck having a "successful" competition in that time 3 months before the Olympics. :d I think if they don't cancel the games most NOCs will only send few athletes only to respect the OCA. not seriously sending a delegation. I really expect Iran to do that, only sending less than 10 athletes in one sport. (probably just a futsal team) because OCA always asks NOCs to participate.

only two new sports, Floorball and Netball ! we used to see organizers adding weird sports ino the AIMAG program. but seriously I hope they change the name, this is probably the worst name ever "Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games" !! what about Asian Games B ! :d

37 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Good luck having a "successful" competition in that time 3 months before the Olympics. :d I think if they don't cancel the games most NOCs will only send few athletes only to respect the OCA. not seriously sending a delegation. I really expect Iran to do that, only sending less than 10 athletes in one sport. (probably just a futsal team) because OCA always asks NOCs to participate.

only two new sports, Floorball and Netball ! we used to see organizers adding weird sports ino the AIMAG program. but seriously I hope they change the name, this is probably the worst name ever "Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games" !! what about Asian Games B ! :d

Most of them are non-Olympic sports. Based on that list athletics, swimming and taekwondo may have it tough (at least among athletes that will compete at the Olympics)

Edited by JoshMartini007

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Most of them are non-Olympic sports. Based on that list swimming and taekwondo may have it tough (at least among athletes that will compete at the Olympics)

Athletics too but that's not my point, for example Iran won't qualify so many athletes in Athletics and Swimming and in Taekwondo Iran never send A team to a competition like this (same as 2017) so technically it won't change much.

but few months before the Olympics, NOCs will only focus on that, even if we survive this crisis , there will be financial problems . I don't think NOCs will have much money for preparing their teams for an event like this.