website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

From Inside The Games

Mitchell says ANOC has been "quite pleased" by the interest shown by other countries in hosting the second ANOC World Beach Games due to take place in 2021. Make of that what you will. We heard tell there were a number of interested observers here, including two prospective Mediterranean nations.

Talking about this, I remembered last year Hong Kong considered a bid for 2021 (but of course it is certainly cancelled due to the unrest)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Red Bull BC One finals go down today. It’s the biggest and most important breakdancing competition in the world. I’ve seen some very impressive freezes, flares, and beat killers and in the warm ups. Might be worth a watch, it will be broadcast on Red Bull TV.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Griff88 said:

A new Games under UNESCO called International Youth Green Games will be held for the first time in 2020 with Mongolia as the host

http://ocasia.org/News/GetNewsbyNewsID?q=7X1lwhPtQKZa4ALPRUgkzJjmY7l6LJVHxxJHRvY0Wf4=

To me, it just seems like their revamping the Children of Asia brand to be international. It not sure what the need/purpose of the games is, but I’ll be invested no less. I like the Paralympic, Special Olympics, and Deaflympics inclusion (that’s what makes the games special, I believe they’ll be the first to have Olympic sports, non-Olympic sports, E-Sports, Mind Games, Para-Sport, Special Olympics, and Deaflympics under one roof). I wouldn’t mind seeing more continental games take that route too. I still think should have separate Special Olympics World Games, Deaflympics, Paralympics, and Olympics, but I enjoy watching all the athletes competing at the same event. The market is becoming quite over-saturated in my opinion. I mean we have like 5-15 multi-sports games a year now (Plus, world cups, world champs, national champs, national tours, lower level events, youth events, etc.). The problem is that everyone needs a youth games now, a beach games (but I think those are fine because they are relatively cheap and make for a good community experience), a continental games, sub-regional games, etc. 

I love having all these games, but I’m not sure it’s a sustainable model. That said, these look pretty sustainable, and quite interesting.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

For the purpose of my results collection, should I consider the 2018 European Championships a multi-sports games?

Edited by Olympian1010

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

I think they already missed the deadline and it's Budapest which is just waiting for FISU rubber-stamping?

They still have a chance, unless ITG is dead wrong.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1087302/rhine-ruhr-candidacy-summer-universiade

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

They still have a chance, unless ITG is dead wrong.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1087302/rhine-ruhr-candidacy-summer-universiade

Yeah FISU has released the same stuff: https://www.fisu.net/news/summer-universiade/germany-sets-course-for-summer-universiade-2025-bid

So we are back to a contest