website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/23/2018 at 07:09, heywoodu said:

You all can joke around what you want, I'm really excited Brazil is going to the Winter Universiade after all :woohoo:

Pin collecting, athletes village flags spotting, everything :cheer: 

Are you planning on going if she competes? 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Are you planning on going if she competes? 

Not to the Winter Universiade :p (which is not really a matter of 'if' anymore, it's as certain as it can be with a Brazilian federation that likes to change it's plans for everything from competitions to dinners 15 times per minute)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

World Urban Games becomes a reality. Los Angeles has been announced as the host of the first two editions of the World Urban Games in 2019 and 2021.

The games will include 7 sports: 3x3 basketball, BMX Freestyle, sports climbing bouldering, break dance, freestyle flying disc, parkour, skateboard street and park and roller freestyle. There will be at least 4 other disciplines in a so-called  "urban sports showcase".

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1071882/los-angeles-to-host-first-editions-of-world-urban-games-in-2019-and-2021

I have no idea what freestyle flying disc is? But it sounds very urban. :p

Well, I found a video on youtube:

Edited by wumo26

1 hour ago, wumo26 said:

World Urban Games becomes a reality. Los Angeles has been announced as the host of the first two editions of the World Urban Games in 2019 and 2021.

The games will include 7 sports: 3x3 basketball, BMX Freestyle, sports climbing bouldering, break dance, freestyle flying disc, parkour, skateboard street and park and roller freestyle. There will be at least 4 other disciplines in a so-called  "urban sports showcase".

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1071882/los-angeles-to-host-first-editions-of-world-urban-games-in-2019-and-2021

I have no idea what freestyle flying disc is? But it sounds very urban. :p

Well, I found a video on youtube:

What at time to live in Los Angeles

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...

I think it’s been talked about before, but PanAm Sports is exploring the possibility of a Beach Games, Junior Games, and Youth Games. However, ATR (Around The Rings) has learned that there is also a feasibility test taking place/being planned/or possibly happening around the possibility of reviving the idea of a Winter Pan American Games (which I think is very possible, and an interesting idea). ATR believe more information surrounding all of the new ideas will become more available at the next PanAm Sports sometime before Lima 2019.

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/12/2018 at 17:33, bestmen said:

final table of medals ,the First african games of Workers

48402866_1533432753426738_16317075666585

What's this? You can participate if you have a job? :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's this? You can participate if you have a job? :p

yes your team of workers should represent one company , bank , factory ...etc

for exemple the winner of volleyball was :one  insurance company :ALG

the silver one factory of Oil :ALG:lol:

Cevital-Fleurial-Pack-Site-Web-Mini-min-