website statistics

Summer Universiade 2019

Totallympics

30 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Gianlu33 @Sindo @Henry_Leon @phelps For what may become the daily podcast for these games. What are some big historically, culturally, and popular Italian songs?

This should be particularly adapt

Edited by AlFHg

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Gianlu33 @Sindo @Henry_Leon @phelps For what may become the daily podcast for these games. What are some big historically, culturally, and popular Italian songs?

Italian related song for background of a sport podcast, immediately came in mind

and ofc my personel choice

Spoiler

Bella Ciao is a comunist song...it's an insult to more than half the Country...

please, let politics out of sports thread...:evil:

of all those songs that have been mentioned, the only that deserved the status of "great song" is Caruso...

Toto Cutugno is just a sterotype (like all those Al Bano & Romina Power's songs -I know Al Bano is the favourite entertainer of the IJF, as he's always called up to the opening ceremony of the world champs, especially when they're hosted by Countries like Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan "and friends")...

probably (surely) not the most connected with a sport podcast, but still, considereing the fact that the University Games are held in Naples and surroundings, those 2 are probably the most significant Naples' songs of the last 20/30 years (after the end of the great tradition of the real Napolitan typical song)...

for sure they're the 2 I like the most...

meanwhile this is definitely more connected to a sport event (it was the Italia '90 Soccer World Cup Official Anthem...and Edoardo Bennato is from Naples)...

finally, this is the Offial Song of the 2019 Universiade...

Thank You all for your recommendations. I’ll chose one or a few to feature on the daily podcast.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I would leave out also that song from Pino Daniele, while as regards the other :thumbup: considering Naples as host, I believe that two other classical songs would fit better: “O’sole mio” which was covered by several authors like Pavarotti and even Bryan Adams and is a very high example of popular song, while the other interesting one is “Funiculì funiculà”, this one being the real, classical, popular Neapolitan song. If I had to choose a song from Pino Daniele (a Neapolitan singer who died 3-4 years ago) I’d choose “Terra Mia”

6 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I would leave out also that song from Pino Daniele, while as regards the other :thumbup: considering Naples as host, I believe that two other classical songs would fit better: “O’sole mio” which was covered by several authors like Pavarotti and even Bryan Adams and is a very high example of popular song, while the other interesting one is “Funiculì funiculà”, this one being the real, classical, popular Neapolitan song. If I had to choose a song from Pino Daniele (a Neapolitan singer who died 3-4 years ago) I’d choose “Terra Mia”

So I’m looking up instrumental versions of the suggested songs because they’re better fitted for my uses, and I looked “O’sole Mio” and to me it sounds like Elvis Presley’s “Now or Never”. Are these the same song, but in different languages?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela