website statistics

Olympic Videos & Pictures

dcro

1 godzinę temu, Vojthas napisał:

You're quite new here - it's our Totallympic inside joke ;) Right because of the reason you gave (it's not only in Polish TV).

It is impossible to know everyone and everyone's sense of humor after a month, especially since we are an international environment.

As for Bach, I have the impression that until the opening ceremonies on TVP led by Szaranowicz, he mentioned him and his sports life. At least from someone's mouth I heard it when opening the games.

Probably what every Skateboard and Surfing interview will be like next summer :p

It’s honestly pretty hard to not cheer for the kid. He’s got a great personality and huge bag of unique tricks. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

Well after watching the “Mexicans” in this video, I have decided to switch nationalities and compete for Mexico at the 2026 Winter Olympics. Catch me in Cross Country Skiing :p

And just to be clear, I have nothing against these girls representing Mexico. I honestly think they’re smart for gaming the system, and they are actually Olympic caliber skiers (at least they compete regularly, and have semi-decent results). I also looked through comments and saw the Mexicans loved being represented by them, so they are Mexicans rather they speak Spanish (or live in Mexico) or not. To be fair I think the Mexican skiers at the Winter Olympics have worked as a good tourism ad for the country, so it’s a win.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

41 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well after watching the “Mexicans” in this video, I have decided to switch nationalities and compete for Mexico at the 2026 Winter Olympics. Catch me in Cross Country Skiing :p

And just to be clear, I have nothing against these girls representing Mexico. I honestly think they’re smart for gaming the system, and they are actually Olympic caliber skiers (at least they compete regularly, and have semi-decent results). I also looked through comments and saw the Mexicans loved being represented by them, so they are Mexicans rather they speak Spanish (or live in Mexico) or not. To be fair I think the Mexican skiers at the Winter Olympics have worked as a good tourism ad for the country, so it’s a win.

Update. I’ve spent the last hour and half watching all of Sarah’s vlog series. I am now a fan. Viva Mexico. Also, highly relate to her son :p

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a short documentary on :CAN Canada's historic medal success in team dressage from 1988.

That horse Dynasty was really something else. And I guess it's only fitting that one of the most famous horses of the 80s was called "Dynasty". :p

And just a heads up - you know how IOC operates these days - anything Olympic-related can be removed from Youtube at any moment. :facepalm::(

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BBC has the best Olympic adds:

Beijing 2008:

London 2012: 

Sochi 2014:

Rio2016:

Pyeongchang 2018

Edited by Olympian1010

Going back from Seoul 1988, here is a video about the individual dressage competition from Los Angeles 1984 (it also includes a brief overview of the earlier Olympics).

And here is :GER Reiner Klimke performing his now legendary victory lap. For some context: video starts with Klimke asking the horse for some 60 flying changes, with one hand, and on a curving line. That just shows incredible harmony that Klimke had with Ahlerich. It's essentially the easiest dressage move to mess up - even today, a lot of riders lose rhythm while performing only 15 flying changes, on a straight line, and with both hands in a competition.

Fun fact: this is also how freestyle competition got invented. Klimke was doing this while John Williams' Olympic theme was playing in the background. It inspired officials to invent the freestyle to music competition, which would eventually join the Olympic program in 1996.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...