website statistics

Men's Bandy FIB Division A World Championship 2019

hckošice

There are national federations, players, fans which like this sport. And international federation, which organises the WCH. In general there are no inconsistency between them about necessarity of this tournament. What is the problem?

A world championship doesn't have to be 'necessary'. There's apparently enough interest from certain nations to participate, hence there's nothing wrong with having it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

For me every international should have a World Championships (maybe not every year). I don’t care if there are only 5 countries that play that sport, it better have a World Championships. Rugby Union is a joke, to me only Rugby Sevens matters. Every team sport should have a World Championships, so there’s a reason to represent your nation.

This World Championship is necessary to raise the funds for the FIB to stay internationally important.

You do know rugby union very much has a World Cup? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:GER 12:6 :NED
First game against Germany was the best for the Netherlands at this tournament. Today they were very close to Germans during 50 minutes but later missed a lot.. Next year they go back to Div B.

:NOR 9:3 :USA

:RUS 6:2 :FIN

2:2 after the first half but two fast goals at the start of the second half have a negative impact on the Finnish team.

:SWE 20:1 :KAZ

Medal games tomorrow.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I thought it did but @De_Gambassi said otherwise

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Il y a 1 heure , heywoodu a déclaré:

Since 1987, before that it developed an international game that any sport bar a few could ever dream of. Same with cricket.

World cup/championship is not, nor it should be, the only option when we are talking about international sport.

5 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Since 1987, before that it developed an international game that any sport bar a few could ever dream of. Same with cricket.

World cup/championship is not, nor it should be, the only option when we are talking about international sport.

I agree with that point, but I think it’s definitely ok for bandy to have one.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

I agree, but since there's clearly enough interest among participating nations, there's no reason not to have it.