website statistics

Men's Baseball CEB European Championship 2019

phelps

• 6 months later...

:ISR Israel really wants to make it to Tokyo. Last october they had given citizenships to some Jewish-American players (some of them played for Israel at last World Baseball Classic where they made a surprisingly successful run using Jewish-American players) with Tokyo qualifiers in mind. Some had even played in MLB. This weekend they are playing play-off with Lithuania and they're one win away from qualifying for European Championships for the 1st time ever. I wonder how far they could go with it. Their olympic dream really starts to seem real.

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

And they've just won 15-0! Poor :LTU Lithuania lost in play-offs again. Last year they were defeated by :AUT Austria.

So we know all 12 teams that will play at European Championships in September.

Pool Bonn: :BEL:CRO:CZE:FRA:GER:GBR 

Pool Solingen: :ITA:NED:ESP:SWE:AUT:ISR 

29 minutes ago, szy123 said:

:ISR Israel really wants to make it to Tokyo. Last october they had given citizenships to some Jewish-American players (some of them played for Israel at last World Baseball Classic where they made a surprisingly successful run using Jewish-American players) with Tokyo qualifiers in mind. Some had even played in MLB. This weekend they are playing play-off with Lithuania and they're one win away from qualifying for European Championships for the 1st time ever. I wonder how far they could go with it. Their olympic dream really starts to seem real.

But @phelps said last year that they can't play at OG?

2 godziny temu, dareza napisał:

But @phelps said last year that they can't play at OG?

They had received citizenship last October, so they're able to play now. In WBC they didn't have to be a country's citizen to play. It was enough just to be able to get the citizenship without naturalization.

1 godzinę temu, CCB napisał:

How is this possible?

Really ITA, NED, ESP and ISR in the same group? Those four countries are - by far - the best teams in Europe!

I am asking the same question to myself. It's crazy, but maybe English Wikipedia is wrong?

Edited by szy123

Here the groups are different: https://www.baseball-em.de/competitors-c86891

Group A
a1: Netherlands (NED)
a2: Germany (GER)
a3: Czech Republic (CZE)
a4: Sweden (SWE)
a5: Great Britain (GBR)
a6: Israel or Lithuania*

Group B
b1: Spain (ESP)
b2: Italy (ITA)
b3: Belgium (BEL)